Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Ginseng I noticed effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

AmaxB

Not long ago my wife bought some Ginseng root at WalMart. She then chopped it up and boiled it when done she poured it into a large pitcher and put it in the fridge.
I asked her what it was and she told me. She then asked if I would like a cup full, I declined. A few days later I thought what the hell I'll drink a bit. She told me to add a
few drops of the lemon juice from the small plastic bottle and some honey. I heated a cup and me being me proceeded to a long squirt of the lemon juice in the tiny bottle.
I followed this with some honey and half teaspoon of sugar.
The stuff was sort of fizzing, just sort of and produced a kind of vapor. I had a sip and found it not to be so bad. After drinking the cup I noticed my sinus opened up. My throat
seemed to be soothed and had a little tingle in my finger tips. It was sort of like drinking a very good cough syrup.

I'm hooked and will drink some a few times a week from now on.

A couple links to ginseng info:
http://www.itmonline.org/arts/ginsengnature.htm
http://umm.edu/health/medical/altmed/herb/american-ginseng

Brent

ArizonaDave

Not long ago my wife bought some Ginseng root at WalMart. She then chopped it up and boiled it when done she poured it into a large pitcher and put it in the fridge.
I asked her what it was and she told me. She then asked if I would like a cup full, I declined. A few days later I thought what the hell I'll drink a bit. She told me to add a
few drops of the lemon juice from the small plastic bottle and some honey. I heated a cup and me being me proceeded to a long squirt of the lemon juice in the tiny bottle.
I followed this with some honey and half teaspoon of sugar.
The stuff was sort of fizzing, just sort of and produced a kind of vapor. I had a sip and found it not to be so bad. After drinking the cup I noticed my sinus opened up. My throat
seemed to be soothed and had a little tingle in my finger tips. It was sort of like drinking a very good cough syrup.

I'm hooked and will drink some a few times a week from now on.

A couple links to ginseng info:
http://www.itmonline.org/arts/ginsengnature.htm
http://umm.edu/health/medical/altmed/herb/american-ginseng

Brent
`
`
heck, you can find it in the hills by you. save the seed and plant it in a shaded damp area.

AmaxB

BigBonner

Founding Member
There is wild ginseng and there is tame ginseng . The wild is what brings the most money and is supposed to be better .
I need some wild ginseng seeds . I have a few seeds and I need to plant them . I just keep forgetting to do it .

BigBonner

Founding Member
At WalMart .
Sorry I couldn't resist that one .
There is ginseng here but I have not found any on my farms or even close to my farm , But it does grow in parts of the county where I live . That is why I want some more seed to plant in my woods .

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
I know they put it in energy drinks...the oriental people love the stuff.

I'd like to try some ginseng beer...or some mountain whiskey made from it.

SmokesAhoy

Founding Member
Some fun videos on YouTube about this, last time I heard people talking about this it was around $1000 an ounce or whatever the unit of measurement is.

I remember thinking it's worth more than gold.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
The high value of Panax ginseng led to its being widely pillaged from national forest lands in the US.

It is not an easy plant to grow as a crop. The seed must remain in storage for several years, before being able to germinate. The plants require about 80% shade (as in a forest under-story). They need to be left growing undisturbed for 5 to 10 years, in order to produce quality roots.

Siberian ginseng is much cheaper, but is a completely different plant.

Bob

ChinaVoodoo

I know it doesn't make sense to me, but here's the contents of ren shen - Panax ginseng
_20160506_225034.jpg

Vs xi yang shen - Panax quinquefolium American ginseng
_20160506_224951.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.