Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Fridgedor

Status
Not open for further replies.

BarG

Founding Member
it will stink, your going for humidor though right, just clean your fridge and keep the door closed lol, put some favorite humidor wood in there bud and you'll be fine.

Baylor

I have a chest freezer i converted into a kiln about a year ago. While its not being used to kiln, i'd like to use it as a humidor to store my tobacco. Ive been fiddling around with it the last few days and by just putting a pot of water in there and a cpu fan, it keeps the humidity pretty close to where i want it. The only issue is it stays about 78 degrees. A little hotter than recommended. From what ive read it should stay below 73. Although the main reason seems to be so beetles dont hatch. As a home grower i dont think i have to worry about beetles. My concern is if mold will grow at that level? 65-70%humidity and 78 degrees. Any idea?

ArizonaDave

I have a chest freezer i converted into a kiln about a year ago. While its not being used to kiln, i'd like to use it as a humidor to store my tobacco. Ive been fiddling around with it the last few days and by just putting a pot of water in there and a cpu fan, it keeps the humidity pretty close to where i want it. The only issue is it stays about 78 degrees. A little hotter than recommended. From what ive read it should stay below 73. Although the main reason seems to be so beetles dont hatch. As a home grower i dont think i have to worry about beetles. My concern is if mold will grow at that level? 65-70%humidity and 78 degrees. Any idea?

Just add a tray of food grade diatomaceous earth on the bottom, it'll take care of 2 things. 1) DE kills any bugs 2) Also regulates humidity naturally.

Status
Not open for further replies.