Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

hogs

Status
Not open for further replies.

BarG

Founding Member
I had a good spring this yr. 3 big hogs. but 2 were still lactating ang feeding young'uns and had no good quality meat but my last was agood mean ass boar that was covered in fat. lol

Jitterbugdude

Founding Member
Can you hunt them anytime of the year? I'll be down your way in June of 2017. Might be fun to smoke a pipe and a few pigs too.

BarG

Founding Member
I built a pen to draw them in, and a feeder also, I cant guarantee but I can increase the chances if you give me a date. I caught an alligator for to have for my grandkids , it was a blast.I absolutely will look forward to that jitterbugdude.

BarG

Founding Member
the first time I ever saw an alligator in the lake, he just stared at us and wanted to eat my big dog, I caaugh thim and let my grandkids play with him before I turned him loose in the river

BarG

Founding Member
Randy, I got a new dog, he is so cool, when he saw the big boar in the trap he was okay and the boar was too. but then I shot the hog a few times with a 22 and my dog raised his shacklels a bit . it changed him. this was his second hunting experience, the first was sneaking up and boom a gunshot, he never flinched I got me a good dog.

chuditch

I shot a feral pig a couple of weeks ago with a .17HMR. Very under gunned for a pig. Put the round through the corner of his left eye. He went down legs going like mad so I ran (at this point see an energetic walk at best speed) thinking I was going to need to rack another couple of rounds into him as had probably stunned him. But he was down and out for the count just nerve action that little round had bounced around inside his head, it never knew what hit it.

chuditch

How the hell do you catch an alligator?

Well here in Australia we put up large signs saying "Danger Salt Water Crocodiles Inhabit These Waters" and then the tourists go swimming next to the sign. Then they have to get someone to come and catch the crocodile that ate another tourist.

BarG

Founding Member
heh heh, its fun shooting hogs. I generally use my 300 winn mag unless they are in my trap , then its 22 lr.

BarG

Founding Member
I changed up my trap , its pretty cool for them and me to reset, I had to make it hard for the coons to set it off

Status
Not open for further replies.