Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Coming to city near you

Status
Not open for further replies.

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
Have I ever mentioned...leaf tobacco doesn't go bad? I'm not real big on the whole prepper movement, but Canada is tightening their whole leaf laws and the UK will end whole leaf sales around the first of the year. It's currently illegal to import and grow your own tobacco in Australia.

This is from a long-time customer in New Zealand...

Hi Don
Please make sure the package looks unobtrusive so it doesn't attract attention at customs.
For your info, I priced a packet of standard rolling tobacco at the local store out of curiosity.
The price has gone sky high as the govt selectively taxes the smoking public in a bid to be a smokefree country by 2025.
A 50 gram pack is now $78.00
There has been an increase in ram raids and gas station robberies where smokes are taken rather than cash.
The primary schools are now providing food to children so they don't go through the day hungry which is likely related to the parents priorities.
Australia is much the same in its pricing plus there, it is also illegal to grow your own.
Both Oz and NZ have reduced the tax free allowance at the border for international travellers from 250g carton, down to 1x 50g pack.
Cheers

SmokesAhoy

Founding Member
Just a matter of time till they bring their progress here.

Never a bad time to stock up on something near and dear

webmost

Once the do-gooders eliminate tobacco entirely ... What will their puritan zeal turn on next?

... cause I don't for a moment believe it's about tobacco ... it's about control.

Matty

Horrible.... I think a pack of "good" cigs costs about $12-$16 'round here, there are still bargain brands available at around $8 a pack (packs are 25 sticks). I should stock up a bit like FmGrowit mentions. Right now there are no more flavoured smokes (things like fruity flavoured cigar-ettes), dip is no longer available in anything other than "straight" flavour, I'm not certain where pipe tobacco is at the moment. Also I hear that menthols will no longer be produced after this coming August.

Any idea as to when shipping whole leaf to Canada will become troublesome?

webmost

Attachments

• cigarette,lips,beautiful,bodypart,cloud,face-f9018e6994d888dc259066ce2491fb49_h.jpg
    cigarette,lips,beautiful,bodypart,cloud,face-f9018e6994d888dc259066ce2491fb49_h.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 6

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member

Even though the has not changed, a few orders have been returned just this past month. Customs has started routinely miscalculating the duty. I believe this is their way of enforcing their own interpretation of what the law should be.

I guess the only other thing I can do is to start attaching yet another document for re-evaluating the duty. Maybe the document header should be something like
"Do not return. Send for re-evaluation. Document enclosed".

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
If anyone knows where I can get the document needed for re-evaluating the duty, please let me know. Maybe I should make it standard practice to email the form every time a customer orders from Canada.

Matty

I haven't ordered in a while but the past dozen times or so went through no problem. I'll give another order a go sometime this week maybe, there are a few things I should have more of.

ArizonaDave

Every governmental system is a little different, but I'm sure it's on their agenda, guaranteed. They just recently announced their intention here in the U.S. I'm expecting on-line cigar sales will come to a halt within a year, if not sooner. They target one system at a time. Stock up while you can.

rustycase

Seems to me they got some pretty big books of the rules out there.
I'm sure I won't have the time to read 'em all.
rc

Josias

If it was illegal to import tobacco to oz there would be no tobacco for sale in oz,it is rather a issue of taxation the only laws that I am aware of were discovered by Bolton smokers club from 1901 were if you wanted to grow a crop of tobacco you needed to register it with the tax dept.does anyone out there know of any updates to this 1901 tax ruling.

Matty

I've just received a parcel of tobacco in the mail from WLT, no hassles, hadn't even been opened. I think all the extra documents plastered on the parcel scared away any over ambitious inspectors lol.

Matty

Well either way it seems to be working, even way back when you included the harmonized tariff codes helped a lot. Thanks.

Josias

Thank you for the 2015 tax directive update this changes the rules it is now as illegal to grow tobacco as cannabis unless you can get permit licence or whatever.having meandered through this draconian and endless document I arrived at the minutes of the meetings of the tobacco stakeholders group.The a.t.o. now presides over a cartel of 3 namely Philip Morris,imperial tobacco and British American tobacco Australia.bootlegging is now the order of the day.

Enigmascape

you should make a "stock-up special"... I have seriously been considering trying to get about a 10 year supply built up of leaf and tubes for the coming tobacocalype, but not sure what I would really need to do as far as creating a good environment to store the leaf. I am pretty cramped on space other than in the garage, and I just cant imagine it fairing too well out here in the Southen Kalifornia desert being in a garage. Any suggestions on bulk storage?

Status
Not open for further replies.