Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Hello..

Status
Not open for further replies.

mark1henry

Hello all

I like cigs and cigars.. I am looking to grow some tobacco soon and being newbie I need help and guidance..Hope I would learn a lot from the community..

tobaccouser

Hello I prefer cigs over cigar. Do you prepare your own cigs or prefer to use brands?

ChinaVoodoo

Hello I prefer cigs over cigar. Do you prepare your own cigs or prefer to use brands?

Welcome to the forum. I mostly smoke a pipe, but I also roll cigars now and then. I also keep a shredder and roller to make cigarettes for friends and family. The great thing about growing your own is that it's not difficult to have a few varieties that can be used for at least two purposes.

The folks who have smoked my pipe tobacco in cigarette form have generally been happy with it.

I've found interesting combinations while rolling cigarillos, like using my Brazilian cigar leaf as a wrapper and binder going well with a Burley filler. Or Cuban filler with a Hungarian wrapper, etc.

You'll have lots of fun.

tobaccouser

Awesome..I am growing some varieties of tobacco and will try to prepare my own excited flavor..

ChinaVoodoo

Hello, did you get some useful information, I am a newbie too.

Hi Michelle, welcome to the forum. Feel free to introduce yourself with a thread in "Introduce Yourself".

To answer your question, although not directed at me, I have found this forum invaluable for everything whole leaf tobacco and growing related. Before taking part the forum, I had several complete failures to grow and cure my own, but now I'm very happy with what I can produce.

Jitterbugdude

Founding Member
Welcome!

The biggest challenge I see for you is your location. Very hot and very dry. You will probably want to work some green manure (such as clover, rye etc) into your soil in order to build up your humus level. This will help your soil retain water. Consider mulching your plants too. Curing will be difficult too because of the lack of humidity. Build yourself a small shed and plan to add water to the floor or have several large buckets. Nothing insurmountable, just a little bit more to do than someone like me in the Mid Atlantic area.

ChinaVoodoo

Welcome!

The biggest challenge I see for you is your location. Very hot and very dry. You will probably want to work some green manure (such as clover, rye etc) into your soil in order to build up your humus level. This will help your soil retain water. Consider mulching your plants too. Curing will be difficult too because of the lack of humidity. Build yourself a small shed and plan to add water to the floor or have several large buckets. Nothing insurmountable, just a little bit more to do than someone like me in the Mid Atlantic area.

Although my climate is not hot, it is dry. A humidifier in the curing room is absolutely required, and if not just an accurate hygrometer and lots of attention, the addition of a humidity controller will help a lot. I just moved so I'll be building a sealed curing shed. Keep an eye out for a thread on building it.

Status
Not open for further replies.