Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Automatic cigarette machine and shredder

Status
Not open for further replies.

norest

To answer your question, I don't know. Hey, long time no see. Welcome back, Sir.

Thanks! I found a spot close to home where I can grow a decent patch and even a green house! Should be fun to rock a couple dozen various species. Glad to see some familiar folks still here!

norest

Haha what that's to intense for me! I was thinking machines that could handle a carton at a time or maybe even one of the higher quality automatic single rollers that's really fast. Thanks know though these videos are intense.

chekun

I'm always surprise by industrial machinery. Especially for mecanic and people who design this kind of machine. Very clever.

But, see a torcedor to roll cigars.. You can feel knowledge, culture and practise, I thing it's one reason for my preference for cigars.

larryccf

What Brown Thumb said X2 (it's changed names, was Fresh Choice, then the JustGoodTobacco or JGT machine, and believe it's now called the Revolution) but it's pricey at $450-$500 but worth it - i stuff for 2 family members plus myself and have had one for 4+ years - takes a little bit to get dialed in to the cut of the tobacco you're stuffing, and the moisture level has to be in the 14-17% range, but it's the easiest, quickest and most reliable machine i've used

Brown Thumb

I actually switched my kid back to the powermatic 2, he was wasting more tubes and tobacco trying to get it dialed in. Lasted about 2 yrs. 2 packs a day.

larryccf

no question the PII is much more tolerant of a wide range of moisture and cuts, but i never experienced any issues with tubes on the JGT - by their indications, it wants a 17mm filter, but i've been using mascotte classic kings with a 15mm tube. Moisture and tobacco cut seemed to be the critical issues on mine

ArizonaDave

Thanks! I found a spot close to home where I can grow a decent patch and even a green house! Should be fun to rock a couple dozen various species. Glad to see some familiar folks still here!
Most are around.....they just read, and not post as much. WLT is the best, and longest book anyone could read on various subjects.

Gmac

no question the PII is much more tolerant of a wide range of moisture and cuts, but i never experienced any issues with tubes on the JGT - by their indications, it wants a 17mm filter, but i've been using mascotte classic kings with a 15mm tube. Moisture and tobacco cut seemed to be the critical issues on mine
Amen, I have two JGT injectors and they each have their own little personality. They are fast,But they don't roll a perfect cigarette every time. I have a Powermatic II + that does roll them perfect, just slower. It's more comfortable to use also; Easier on the old neck & shoulders.
I seldom use the big machines, as I roll a couple of packs every day while watching a ballgame. if it came down to 1 choice of the 10 different rollers I have, it would be the powermatic II+.

burge

I like the powermatic shredder There is a polish manufacturer of heads and on his ebay has a machine that will do 15kgs a hour for about 500 bucks. Kind of nice if you want to shred all your tobacco. I think it is better to keep it in the bags. When I do shred I compress the shredded tobacco and it tastes really good

Jitterbugdude

Founding Member
Its on the "to-do" list, page 7!
I have everything I need to put it together. Hopefully this spring I'll start on it. In the mean time I have my Powermatic shredder(.8mm), 2 hand cranks 1.6 mm and the hand crank WLT shredder.

burge

I was thinking the same thing to get a shag cut. Long shag taste different

Status
Not open for further replies.