Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Tobacco Use Preference Survey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michibacy

Northern tobacco grower
Hey Bob, I would've selected more than 1, but I clicked on my answer and it forwarded me away from the page after clicking only once

DistillingJim

Bob,
Care to share any insight as to how these results may shape future offerings or plans for WLT?

ProfessorPangloss

Amateur Kentuckian
Bob,

Very sorry - I was out of town and generally off the Internet while the survey was open. You can put me down for 1st preference as pipe, and 2nd as cigar, if you want more data. Again, apologies.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Today the CDC released the results of a tobacco use survey of Americans.

http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/65/wr/mm6527a1.htm

If you read the details of the method, 3/4 of the random households they attempted to survey were by phone land line, and only half of those called answered the phone. Currently only about half of US households even have a land line. What does still having a land line say about the age and other socio-cultural status of an individual? Of the 1/4 of the random households they attempted to survey by cell phone, a mere 17% of those called bothered to answer the mystery call.

So, for what it's worth (a scarcely meaningful survey of a tiny, random selection from only half of mostly land-line-owners who were called), the table of results is presented at the bottom of the article, with breakdowns by age, sex, education, income, etc.

Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.