Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

New FDA Tobacco Rules JUNE 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

webmost

This short pdf (~260k) details the new rules:

The Facts on the FDA’s New Tobacco Rule

Bob

"The FDA now regulates all tobacco products, including (as shown): hookah, e-cigarettes, dissolvables, smokeless tobacco, cigarettes, all cigars, roll-your own tobacco, pipe tobacco, and future tobacco products that meet the statutory
definition of a tobacco product." (emphases mine)

Voila le tobaccolypse.

An estimated 300,000 deaths per year are due to the obesity epidemic.

Regulate spoons.

Smokin Harley

is the Roll Your Own tobacco limited to cigarette tobacco or will WLT cigar varieties be affected? keeping in mind one product is technically "processed" while the other is whole unprocessed leaf .

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
If the stem (or part of the stem, for froglegged) is still present, it is not a tobacco product, but an agricultural product.

Bob

MarcL

If the stem (or part of the stem, for froglegged) is still present, it is not a tobacco product, but an agricultural product.

Bob

What is keeping there reach to that classification is what needs to be watched carefully. Regulating out of existence is the goal. that is not legal but, it gets done anyway.

ChinaVoodoo

Sorry if it's a matter of my reading comprehension, but is this only going to regulate products made in the United States, or are foreign producers going to be required to get these approvals? One way will make it hard to produce in the US and be competitive with foreign businesses. The other will make it hard to get product from overseas because only certain lines will be available .

Jitterbugdude

Founding Member
These new regs don't take effect until August of this year. All pipe tobacco/cigarettes will have to have 30% of their container covered with a cancer warning. All products made after 2007 will be banned unless the manufacturer submits a ton of paper work and tons of money to show their product is equivalent to other products on the market. Anything the FDA considers a "deeming" product can be banned or severely impacted via applications from the manufacturer ($$$$) or warning labels. Although not affected yet this would include pipes, pipes cleaners etc. Even FTT hats would require a warning label on them (that is 30% the size of the hat).

Cigar prices will go through the roof due to the new regs. If it not a "Premium" cigar it will be banned. The FDA considers a premium cigar to be one that costs $10.00 or more.
The FDA had a webinair a few weeks ago to explain these new regs. I do not believe most of what they said. After all.. "If you like your health insurance you can keep your health insurance"

It's nice to know the Government is being so vigilant in protecting our health! Even though we are all adults here we evidently can't make health decisions for ourselves!

Smokin Harley

This country shoots itself in the foot every chance it gets. We're trillions in debt , unemployment and welfare recipient numbers are through the roof. and they want to ban a centuries old lucrative source of revenue. I just don't get it. All I can think of as a bright spot in this is that prohibition was repealed because it didn't work.

ArizonaDave

This law is stupidity at it's finest. They even admitted that some tobacco is less harmful, but fail to follow up with research because the govt wants to be a nanny state.

CobGuy

... and they want to ban a centuries old lucrative source of revenue. I just don't get it.

The more sheeple that are dependent upon them and their social programs, the more control they can have over them.

CaryNC

I think alcohol has caused more, and a wider range, of problems than tobacco could ever do.

Has anybody ever beat their wife after having too many cigars? Been to jail for cigarette smoking while driving?

They need to back off and know their role, it's getting to be a bit too much. Too bad they can't put that kind of effort into making the country better for it's citizens.

ArizonaDave

I think alcohol has caused more, and a wider range, of problems than tobacco could ever do.

Has anybody ever beat their wife after having too many cigars? Been to jail for cigarette smoking while driving?

They need to back off and know their role, it's getting to be a bit too much. Too bad they can't put that kind of effort into making the country better for it's citizens.

No, but the riots in Ferguson started when a guy stole some yucky store type cigars.....

Cigar

ArizonaDave....."No, but the riots in Ferguson started when a guy stole some yucky store type cigars....." now thats funny!!

Smokin Harley

I wish he would throw out the law of no alcohol sales before 10 am on Sundays. I realize it is a county thing , here anyway.
Sunday is probably the biggest purchasing day of the week besides Friday,therefore more hours of revenue(taxes) . Who cares when I buy it . I could load up on a Saturday and crack one open at 6 am on Sunday if I wanted.

Cobguy made a good point too...I believe those people are referred to as Millennials.

Status
Not open for further replies.