Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Hi From NZ

Status
Not open for further replies.

riverstone

Hi Folks
I have been looking at the site for a while and gleaning information to try and keep me pointed in the right direction. This year I have grown about 20 plants that were given to me. I am amazed how easy they grow and the size they grow to (9 ft). Have been harvesting and drying the leaves since early Feb and my wife is starting to use it now. I don't smoke (gave up about 30 yrs ago) but I love a challenge and it is more fun than growing cabbages.It looks like I have grown a mix of Virg and Burley.
I have saved some seed for next year but will get some Virginia Gold seed from somewhere so I can do a mild blend.

Orson Carte

Welcome to FTT. You can find seed here: Northwood Seeds Retail

Will be sent in a padded letter size envelope requiring no customs.

Could you explain a little more fully.
I live in NZ and would like to 'import' a few varieties of seed. However, despite trying to research the matter I'm still unsure regarding the legalities. Your comment of 'requiring no Customs' makes me curious as to how you know this to be correct.

Knucklehead

Founding Member
Letters don't go through customs. Just packages and boxes. Skychaser (the member that owns the seed site) always uses letter size envelopes for overseas delivery. I'm not sure of legality either. As long as the seed are clean most countries don't care. Their main concern is importing bugs or disease in unclean seed. Skychasers seed are clean.

riverstone

I have processed some air cured leaf and shredded by hand using one of those chefs knifes that looks like a small chopper. My wife is smoking it and seams to be enjoying it. Half and half air cured and toasted.
I have ordered my seed for this coming season. Gold Virginia, Catterton , Golden Wilt, Yellow Twist Bud and some of my own saved WTF seed. I will find out what it is when it grows (separately). When the weather lets up, rain, rain, rain, I will clear my plot and get some compost and manure dug in. Increased the grow to 40 plants (small section) and going for easy air cure varieties.

Status
Not open for further replies.