Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Questions to the members of UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

rainmax

Founding Member
I'm from Slovenia and same time zone as you.

Depends of temperature and weather. Sometimes also in begining of Octobre, but it is very dificult to dry this leaf. Growing and colecting leaf is not dificult.
Drying and fermentation is art.

ChinaVoodoo

I'm from Slovenia and same time zone as you.

Depends of temperature and weather. Sometimes also in begining of Octobre, but it is very dificult to dry this leaf. Growing and colecting leaf is not dificult.
Drying and fermentation is art.

I'm not from the UK, but maybe this will help. Let's say it is 10C and 90% humidity and you want to drop the humidity to 70%, you can accomplish this by raising the temperature to 13C in your curing room, or if you wanted 20% humidity, you would raise it to 34C indoors. See how the chart works?
2000px-Dewpoint-RH.svg.jpg

Of course, you would need to be venting for it to work.

Gavroche

thank you...
My problem is: with this weather report of shit, the growth is delayed, little sun, many rain and a temperature rarely over 20 ° centigrades he(it) is going to need to compensate with a putting in longer earth(ground) with all the inconveniences for the drying but my question was until when we can hope for a growth of the tobacco...

Mon problème est : avec cette météo de merde, la croissance est retardée, peu de soleil, beaucoup de pluie et une température rarement au-dessus de 20° centigrades...il va falloir compenser par une mise en terre plus longue... avec tous les inconvénients pour le séchage mais ma question était jusqu'à quand peut-on espérer une croissance du tabac...

ChinaVoodoo

Hello gents

Your plants are growing until which month? In August September October?...

Thank you very mutch

I have concluded that unprotected tobacco can handle moderate frost as low as -3C without serious detriment. -5C and it's pretty bad. If you get frost, don't pick if the weather for the following few days is warmer. This lets the sun break down the chlorophyll which has leached out of the chloroplasts into the interstitial space.

My point is, you can leave it until just before first frost, whenever that is in your location. Also, frost isn't necessarily la fin du monde.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Don't forget about micro-climate. Weather forecasts are specifically for the site of the weather station, and interpolated forecasts (for in between weather stations) is notoriously inaccurate. For me, the actual weather station is only 4 miles away, but when the low is forecast to be 35ºF, my growing beds often experience damaging frost. This difference depends on wind direction and speed, as well as hill vs. valley, and slope of the ground and its water content.

Bob

ChinaVoodoo

Don't forget about micro-climate. Weather forecasts are specifically for the site of the weather station, and interpolated forecasts (for in between weather stations) is notoriously inaccurate. For me, the actual weather station is only 4 miles away, but when the low is forecast to be 35ºF, my growing beds often experience damaging frost. This difference depends on wind direction and speed, as well as hill vs. valley, and slope of the ground and its water content.

Bob

There were three weather stations close to my old house. 2 within 20 blocks and 1 within 40 blocks . I was also growing at another location 10 blocks from one of them. Now, at the new house they're slightly closer. Temperature readings are usually pretty consistent. Precipitation in the summer can vary greatly though.

Status
Not open for further replies.