Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

drum tobacco smokers

Status
Not open for further replies.

kenn

Hi I'm new here and hoping to make a blend something like drum. It's the only commercial tobacco I've ever liked. Anyone else out there trying to do this

Alpine

Kenn, first of all welcome to the forum. I'm sure you can somehow make a blend with your homegrown tobacco that resembles Drum (the halfzware shag i think) but you'll find soon that there is much better to smoke than Drum... The tobacco used in the commercial blend is half flue cured and half dark air cured, plus lots of chemicals, preservatives, artificial flavours, umectants and God knows what else... Other members with more experience will surely help more than me.
Pier

squeezyjohn

Drum definitely contains a bit of fire cured from what I remember as a roll-up smoker ... it almost certainly has some liquorice casing to it and a higher proportion of dark to flue cured than most European roll-up blends. I'd start with a 50:50 mix of virginia bright leaf and burley with a bit of fire cured added to the mix, case it using a liquid made from boiling up liquorice roots in water and see how that feels. Adjust the blend by increasing the burley if you want it darker, increase the fire cured if you want it smokier and increase the liquorice if you want it sweeter.

kenn

Thanks for the welcome and replies. The package says its a blend of bright Virginia and dark Kentucky. I purchased both these tobacco's from WL, but the taste is quite different. I will try casing with liquorice ( wouldn't have thought of that ) and ordering up some burley. Also thought the superfine shred would make it more smooth than what I get from my economy shredder.

bonneville

I think I read somewhere that the tobacco they use is first aged in barrels for awhile This is the original Drum, not the USA Drum I'm talking about. I too like the original Drum a lot and would love to know how to put together a blend like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.