Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Are these suckers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smokin Buffalo

Hi guys,
this is my first grow. It took a little while but my plants are starting to grow. My question is about some of my Vuelta Abajo plants. After planting I picked off some leaves on the bottom of the plant that were weak or turning white. Now I have other leaves growing in there place. Some are not just one leaf though. There are 3 and 4 leaves growing in there place. I hope you can see what is happening by these pictures. Should I trim them down to one leaf per level?
Thanks
image.jpg

image.jpg

Heres a a few pics of my grow.
image.jpg

image.jpg

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Unfortunately, all of those nice new lower leaves are suckers. Rather than trim them, snap them off of the stalk entirely. Otherwise you will have a tobacco bush full of tiny leaves.

The only new leaves should appear at the center of the growth tip of the stalk.

Bob

SmokesAhoy

Founding Member
A leaf forms off the main stalk, a sucker is 2 leaves forming above that leaf that has it's own stock that becomes visible shortly after if you don't rip it off in time.

Then there are root level suckers that come usually after bud is topped.

Some of us remove the mud lugs early to make suckering easier when we don't care about the lugs

BigBonner

Founding Member
I believe I would pluck those suckers and cover the bottom of the stalk with soil up above the sucker unless they are at each leaf all the way up .

SmokesAhoy

Founding Member
Speaking of suckers-if you rip them and dip them in rooting hormone will they root? I just cloned a rack of tomatoes, should have thrown a tobacco in there too to find out myself

Hasse SWE

Founding Member
Tomatoes and tobacco will put root if you put em in water or very wet soil (hope I spell it right). I have done it some time, but the tobacco will get lower Quality. But still much better than the tobacco spill I often make my oral-snuff out of..

wrapper

img_5816.jpg

This looks like tobacco in straw bales from: https://walnutsnpears.com/category/organic-gardening/urban-garden/

Smokin Harley

most certainly is...I'm going to guess because there are so few plants, they are growing it primarily for the organic pesticidal use.

Status
Not open for further replies.