Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Tutu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tutu

Hi everyone,

Up until now I have been browsing the forum for a bit, uploaded my first thread in the Grow Blog section, but failed to introduce myself properly, which I will do now.

I was born in 1989, and my nationality is Dutch. I've left the Netherlands in 2011 and lived in a number of countries, such as Indonesia, Malaysia, Namibia and Angola. I started working in the tobacco business about one year ago and stayed in Brazil and Indonesia thus far. I have always been fond of growing my own plants and since starting to work with tobacco, the plant itself has been included into my hobby kit of growing. Me writing on this forum is me dealing with my hobby of growing and reading about growing.

I was back in the Netherlands briefly during April and grew some seedlings of tobacco obtained from the Tabaksteeltmuseum in Amerongen. Their tobacco seeds are from a variety that was grown in the Netherlands until the end of WWII. I gave away quite a number of young plants to friends and family. I plan to start a thread on how they have done under different growing conditions, as well as using it as a log on growing them myself here in Indonesia.

The other thread I will be keeping updated is a grow log on tobacco collected in Timor-Leste. It also includes a bit of explaining on another tobacco variety which is called "Timor", quite a different thing. This tobacco from Timor-Leste too will be grown in Indonesia, together with some Besuki. Besides these, I am growing tropical fruit trees such as various types of mango, lychee, guava, durian, salak, dragonfruit and others.

I am an enthusiast of Reggae music which is reflected in a small website I keep, the Roots Reggae Library. Much larger is the actual library of music collections.

Cheers!

Last edited by a moderator:

Knucklehead

Founding Member
Welcome to FTT. I too have some interesting varieties from Indonesia:
6772067720wrapperIndonesia
404978404978wrapperIndonesia
Kenari370306wrapperIndonesia
Vorstenladen370307wrapperIndonesia
BesukiwrapperJava/Indonesia
Timor405659wrapperIndonesia
Orinoco-Timor73505primitiveIndonesia
405513405513primitiveIndonesia
Dindigul Cheroot370312primitiveIndonesia

Looking forward to your input and some interesting photos of course.

Smokin Harley

welcome Anton to FTT...
Not sure how familiar you are with people in the U.S. with the same surname as you... my sister and I went to school with some DeVries family members here in Illinois back in the 70s and 80s. Quite possibly you are related.

Tutu

Thanks y'all! I'm sure that going long enough back we're all related one way or the other but I'm afraid that "de Vries" is the third most common surname in the Netherlands after "Jansen" and "de Jong". I hope they were nice people nonetheless!! Ran into the name in Namibia a number of times as well as they were South Africans who moved there prior to the country forming in the early 90's. Nice to know there are some of us in Illinois as well!

rainmax

Founding Member
Welcome and good luck.
Lots of good reading including yours...

Status
Not open for further replies.