Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Google is planning to penalize overly optimized sites

Status
Not open for further replies.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
I agree that this should improve our rankings. I knew we elected those Google decision makers for a reason. They do, after all, have as much impact on some areas of our lives as the US Congress.

Bob

Tom_in_TN

Sounds like a good move on Google's decision 'cause up to now you would get so many ridiculous results just using a simple searches and those 'tricky bots' make it nearly impossible to weed out the trashy stuff.

SmokesAhoy

Founding Member
Yeah there is one guy out there that bought a few hundred domains related to tobacco that has almost no content and spams nearly all my searches.

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
From what little I know about search engine optimization, the more unique information you have on your site, the high the ranking. The amount of information is important and even the number of pages associated with the site give it higher rankings. Seems like we have that covered without even trying.

It's actually reassuring to know I can spend some time researching and reporting rather than dreaming up cleaver ways to bump the ranking.

johnlee1933

Founding Member
I agree that this should improve our rankings. I knew we elected those Google decision makers for a reason. They do, after all, have as much impact on some areas of our lives as the US Congress.

Bob

IMHO MORE! And mostly there is some coherent reasoning behind their decisions.

J

Status
Not open for further replies.