Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

First grow in many years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cigar

Thought try something new this year...after very very late start..my babys are 1-month old today!!Grow tent.jpgCrillo 98.jpgAfrica Red.jpgcrillo looking good.jpg

ChinaVoodoo

The greenhouse is definitely a good way to speed up the growth. Your plants look really good. I grew some plants in a greenhouse last year, and while they got huge and had more time to grow, I have to admit they took longer to yellow than the rest of my tobacco. I wonder if stretching out the season in a greenhouse caused physiological differences in leaf senescence and/protein levels.

Cigar

Thank you ChinaVoodoo....the shade cloth was given to me few years ago so I applyed the seed-starter very small greenhouse always used..that and 5-gall buckets with alot manure/compost..here in Tennessee this time year very hard on plants just starting-out..very hot spells with high humid and consant chance thunderstorm.but min reason was test growing in "pots/buckets" that have read so much about on here..so far so good!

ChinaVoodoo

Thank you ChinaVoodoo....the shade cloth was given to me few years ago so I applyed the seed-starter very small greenhouse always used..that and 5-gall buckets with alot manure/compost..here in Tennessee this time year very hard on plants just starting-out..very hot spells with high humid and consant chance thunderstorm.but min reason was test growing in "pots/buckets" that have read so much about on here..so far so good!

Oh, my bad. I thought the shade cloth was a greenhouse. Anyways, whatever you've done is working great.

Cigar

hey n/p..it was given to me by late member here who has passed on..great guy he was..always wanted to try-out growing in pots to compare to in-ground plantings..but yet to hear from the great-one....to compare and ask questions?

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
What variety are you growing? It looks like you'll get some decent leaf. And if the temperature holds, maybe even seed.

Bob

Cigar

Looking at whole picture with dog..the one on left is Africa Red..next on right is crillo 98..the next one is Fla sumrta my big concern is only 30-dys old but under shade cloth maybe help out

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
The FL Sumatra is putting out some large leaves. I would suggest priming them at the first sign of a yellow tip. Some members have reported better results with FL Sumatra grown in sun, rather than shade, but I have always sun-grown them, so I can't compare.

Bob

Cigar

thank you for advice deluxestogie..will keep posting picture let all know how turns-out

Cigar

Knucklehead...:cool:I thought would change avatar to something heck alot more better looking than me! now if could get my few tobacco plants to grow as nice like that banana tree has:D

Cigar

all is growing great..the crilloo98 is staring to bud now..need ask crazy question here..what does "homogenize" binder mean??

Cigar

webmost

all is growing great..the crilloo98 is staring to bud now..need ask crazy question here..what does "homogenize" binder mean??

Cigar

Homogenized is a euphemism for paper. Take the baccy sweepings and scraps, pulp it up, slurry it, press it into paper.

Smokin Harley

Homogenized is a euphemism for paper. Take the baccy sweepings and scraps, pulp it up, slurry it, press it into paper.
is there a thread on that ? with video? I've "made paper" before , using a high percentage cotton based typing paper , water and use of a blender .Spread it across a tight window screen . Makes a bit of a slimy mess and the paper turned out just ok , but very thick and clumpy, almost like a thick brown paper bag with the screen texture on one side. Wonder how to best make it thin enough for wrapper and no texture. It would definitely make the otherwise unusable wrapper leaf something of value instead of a bunch of thin scraps in the jar.

Cigar

The reason I ask the question was after reading how they made one of my old time favorite smokes [factory throwouts sweets] in Tampa fla. They claim the binder is made out of "Homogenized Ec.sumtra" but that its not machine-made?? I would have bet they were machine-made..learn something new everyday:confused:

cigar

Cigar

my sticky crillio-98.jpgalmost 60-days.jpgI forgot how sticky some tobacco leaves can be!!..they are growing great all little over 4ft now and the 98-plant is just starting to bud.

Cigar

After seeing how nice these guys are growing really looking forward to growing alot more next year..[if am still above ground]..never know, but instead of these nursery pot,,will step-up to those huge 5-gallon paint buckets..or go with the straw bales which Ive been reading so much about??

Status
Not open for further replies.