Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

ebay item ... old Bull Durham with papers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smokin Harley

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Bul...652127?hash=item58df9bce5f:g:YHQAAOSwWfFXj6yV

I have only smoked 2 cigarettes in my lifetime and they were in the last 2 years. Just not for me. Can any of you guys who might remember this brand tell me if this would even be smokeable at this point or is it more of an antique shelf sitting item more than use? Look like they are in pretty good shape .I'd bet the tobacco is pretty mellow and smooth by now .

Brown Thumb

That's cool. Try one, if it tastes like Chit, you still have a wall hanging.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Bull Durham always came in a small muslin sack with a drawstring, just like the item listed in the auction. It was completely open to the air, and usually as dry as a hay bale. It was not shredded, but was flake--dry, dry, dry flake. It wasn't smokable when "fresh", back in the 1970s. Maybe time has worked miracles.

But it was totally cool to pull that little bag out of your shirt pocket, sprinkle a row of flakes onto the paper, and roll it. At the time, it cost something like 10 cents a bag, while a pack of pre-rolled cigarettes cost about 25 cents.

As BT points out, it is a curiosity. I wouldn't count on enjoying it, once it's lit.

Bob

Brown Thumb

I'm like ready to make a offer for 12.23 for chits and giggles

MarcL

I bought one of those in really good shape just like them. Mine is a chop not a flake and yes it was dry to the bone. I did burn some. It was a little different then what I thought it would be. A very nice collectors item I think.

Knucklehead

Founding Member
In the old western pulp fictions the Bull Durham tag hanging out of the bad guys pocket was always a temping target for the hero. He would fan the hammer, two fast shots blending into one sound and two half circle notches would be found on the Bull Durham tag.
Moral of the story, if you order the tobacco, keep the tag tucked into your pocket.

MarcL

I like that Knuck. so, your saying, don't fly a flag without expecting to end up in some cross-hairs.

Status
Not open for further replies.