Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Late application of Imidacloprid

Status
Not open for further replies.

ProfessorPangloss

Amateur Kentuckian
I have 40 KY15 burley in my backyard that I planted late. They're about 3' tall at this point - I planted them around the end of June. I was really busy and didn't apply Nuprid when I planted. Now I have aphids. I did the soil drench a couple days ago and the soil is beginning to dry out, so I think the plants are taking it on. However, the aphids seem pretty alive still.

Should I wait a few days to see if it really kicks in? Should I apply again, or apply via spray?

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Just use a mist of dilute dish soap on the visible, live aphids, then wait for the poison you already applied to take effect systemically.

Bob

Brown Thumb

You can use it as a foliar application too. It will kill the bees tho:(

ProfessorPangloss

Amateur Kentuckian
Ok. I have plenty of Dawn. I definitely don't want to kill bees, so I'll go the soap route. I guess what I'm asking is that there shouldn't be a difference between small and large plants with applying Nuprid because the initial dose kills aphids for a long time. I'll have to post a pic of this in my grow blog. They're 40 plants no one has seen yet.

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
i dont know what that systemic poision is.. never heard of it..

but i juice my plants for my systemic aphid killer right at planting... and so far i havent seen one aphid.. i have used this poision for the first time this year,, and it works just as the salesman told me it would,

it's,,MANA ALIAS 4F... a generic version of the real product...[ rememeber im in the fertilizer business plus the sprayable poision ,,and liquid fertilizer business ] allthough im just a driver....i deliver the goods to the farms,

Status
Not open for further replies.