Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Hi from Washington State

Status
Not open for further replies.

mwaller

Hi FTT -
I've learned so much since discovering this site! As a casual cigar enthusiast, I thought it might be fun to try my hand at growing, curing and rolling my own cigars. I've order a few seeds from Northwoods that I would like to start next spring. I have following varieties: Florida Sumatra, Little Dutch, Cuban Criollo 98, and Havana 142. I really enjoy medium bodied Cuban cigars like the Cohiba Siglo line. Are there any other varieties I should grow to get closer to that flavor? Also, I was planning to grow my crop in #7 or #10 pots. Has anyone tried the fabric pots like Smart Pot? Would these be good for tobacco plants?
Thanks so much! Mwaller

SmokesAhoy

Founding Member
5 gallon pots will work, I don't know what those items you listed are but if they are equivalent in size you should be set.

Get a drip line set up though if doing pots or fill a an small blue kiddie pool with the buckets. The leaf shields the pot from rain, and a healthy 6' plant can use up the water in a day.

Or fill the kiddie pool with the 5 gal buckets and fill the pool occasionally so they can wick the water from the bottom.

Status
Not open for further replies.