Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Rolling Piramides?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mwaller

Are there any good tutorials or videos about rolling piramides cigars like Montecristo #2? This is my favorite shape, so I'd like to work towards rolling my own. Any tips?
Thanks, Mwaller

Smokin Harley

piramides/torpedos ... find a mold if possible and practice wrapping the head...a lot. find a cheap cigar of the shape you like , wrap it up in a moist paper towel and once pliable , deconstruct it carefully . Note the shape of the flag (if there is one) and maybe even make yourself a pattern to lay over your leaf to make the same shape consistently. and again, practice .

MarcL

I'll agree. You'll have to get in there and practice. You can search for some videos but, there is just nothing to replace getting a feel for it. Know that you can do it and be willing to except trial and error as your best teacher. Have you started rolling already?

mwaller

Thanks for the suggestions and videos! I have not yet started rolling... I have some other projects I need to complete first. From the video, it seems like he staggers the leaves a bit in the head to accomplish the gradual narrowing shape. Is that right? Can a torpedo be constructed with entubado style rolling, or does it need to be a book roll?
Thanks,
Mwaller

MarcL

Figure when your making a parejo cigar, you'll tuck cut the head straight, maybe trim back the edge along the binder to round it off a little to get a nice round head in the mold.
To get a torpedo head you will not tuck cut but, just let it thin out to a degree.
and bunch as you wish. you'll just learn how much to use.

A cigar size will have a certain weight. A pyramid tappers gradually so, there will need to be a more graduated thinning.

1aMontecristo_Montecristo_No.2_cigar_orig_9.jpglarge_1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.