Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Small Kiln from the pet shop and Canadian tire (hardware store)

Status
Not open for further replies.

norest

As I was shopping for hydroponic odds and ends at the pet store I started noticing various items that would create a controlled environment. Hot and humid really. Zoo med makes some great products. Hydrotherm controller watches temp and humidity remotely up to 50C and 95%rh and can handle 1000watts. The repifogger fogs up distilled water instantly. A medium sized terrarium heater stuck to a piece of glass to act as a heat sink I belive draws 15 Watts and is slow heat to avoid any over heats but will still drive a cooler up to 50C. Found some baking racks to keep the heater supported off the cooler and a strainer to hold the tobacco in allowing airmovement all around. Powered by a tiny usb fan. This is pretty small scale and eventually I'd like to size it up in a cedar box. Pretty click together and it's less expensive than setting up a lizard terrarium. Lastly some bubble insulation to give it that space alien incubator look and insulate it for cool basement winters.
20160915_205850.jpg
20160915_205838.jpg
20160915_205818.jpg

ChinaVoodoo

Good work.

I do recommend upgrading the seal around the lid, though. I found that I got a lot of waste heat and humidity when I had a cooler kiln from various spots around the lid.

norest

Thanks I'll see what I can find. I had the fan on the same control as the fogger. Noticed some condensation last night so ill run the fan full time tonight and see how that goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.