Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Thickness of tobacco leaves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gavroche

I buy tobacco leaves from WLT thus when I compare the thickness of the virginia WLT and mine, mine are much finer... Be lacking sun, too much shade(shadow) during the day?...

Épaisseur des feuilles

J'achète des feuilles de tabac à WLT... donc quand je compare l'épaisseur des virginia WLT et les miennes, les miennes sont beaucoup plus fines...Manque de soleil, trop d'ombre dans la journée ?...

SmokesAhoy

Founding Member
Either that or too early of a harvest

Or variety perhaps.

All my thin leaf that I thought might have been weather was really just jumping the gun and harvesting early.

Gavroche

Even picked yellow, they remain fine, the varieties I have at least different 8 or 10 of it that I do not recognize any more error of beginner...

I have to manage to clear(release) more light (sun )for the next year.

même cueillies jaunes, elles restent fines, les variétés... j'en ai au moins 8 ou 10 différentes... que je ne reconnais plus... erreur de débutant...

Il faut que j'arrive à dégager plus de lumière (soleil) pour l'année prochaine.

ChinaVoodoo

The speed of curing affects the weight loss of the leaf due to the amount of respiration which occurs. Breaking down carbohydrates into co2 and h2o. I can't find the paper I've read on flue curing which studied weight loss, but here is one on air curing. You air cured so I think it applies. The slower and cooler the cure, the more weight loss from the leaves. https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&sour...UQafjWz3e6n6AiALQ&sig2=gSh9LJCAbpg6i8gtettBOQ

squeezyjohn

I have a similar effect with all my leaves here in the UK ... they do not ripen to the same extent that tobacco in the USA tobacco growing regions do ... I know the Isle de France climate and it's very similar to the south of England where I grow ... this year particularly has been a very cloudy summer and the effect on the leaves is very similar to that of shade grown wrapper resulting in lighter, thinner and less strong tobacco.

But next year could be very different ... and if you don't grow again you'll never know! Last year my Bolivian Criollo Black looked almost as good as Don's Air Cured! Onwards and upwards!

Status
Not open for further replies.