Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

A BBC Article on Cigar Collecting

Status
Not open for further replies.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Cigar collecting for the oblivious wealthy seems to be a thing. In the interesting BBC article, linked below, the author cites collectors who have spent millions of dollars to collect, rather than smoke, cigars.

BBC said:
The more punctilious of the patrons may take matters into their own hands. Manufacturers like Gurkha take customers out to the Dominican Republic to make their own blend of cigar suited to their taste preference with personalised packaging. “A cigar collector’s most prized possession is always the cigar that he blended himself,” says Carroll. “[It’s] the ultimate luxury of the cigar collector.”

http://www.bbc.com/capital/story/20160921-the-most-coveted-cigars-will-never-be-smoked-heres-why
If you roll your own, even if you're not a millionaire, you should be a happy camper.

Bob

MarcL

It's hard to say what you'd do if you had gobs of scratch when your poor but, you sure do have your conclusion right. me happy camper..

DIY Pete

I buy cigars to smoke them. I am willing to spend a pretty penny for a cigar I really want to try but buying a cigar and not smoking it is like buying a gun and not shooting it. Makes no sense to me.

Pete

Status
Not open for further replies.