Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Corn Cob Pipes Bargain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brown Thumb

Depends on when you bought them. They had a really bad drought awhile ago (5 years ago?) and as a result their cobs were noticeably smaller. All is well again and the cobs have returned to their "normal" size.
I got mine shipped June 5 2014. Dang, time flys, was that a bad yr for corn :confused:

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
"...if they buy a corn cob and they don't like it, just wait for winter and put it in the snowman's mouth."

Good advice.

Bob

MarcL

Check out this cob I got.

s-l1600-2_zpsp6r3hiyz.jpg

s-l1600-1_zpsv6bonrvg.jpg

s-l1600_zpsbebhgdkh.jpg

Screen%20Shot%202016-10-01%20at%205.46.24%20PM_zpskv0hfcoz.png

MarcL

Not so much.. it had no sticker, the bottom barely is not perfectly flat, this thing is amazing!

should have maybe got this one too. >>>

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Interesting pipe. I believe that to make a sitter that will actually sit from a cob, it needs to have that wooden plug in the bottom.

Bob

Brown Thumb

That's a new one, smoking cigars in a pipe.
Its all Baccy,:)

Tanko

Original. Remember to me this anecdote:

Sir Winston would usually smoke his cigars down to a couple of inches. During his later years, the butts would be collected and given to his gardener to smoke in his pipe. (Lucky gardener.)

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Yes. An interesting article.

In the Semois article, click on the tiny image captioned, "Viewpoint at Rochehaut." It looks to me like a well eroded impact crater--with a town in the middle.

I have smoked Manil's Semois, as well as American-grown Semois (both thanks to Jitterbugdude). The pouch aroma is sugestive of Habano 2000 wrapper or of dark air-cured leaf (from WLT). In a pipe (a corncob), it offers a taste similar to straight, medium-strength burley. JBD's Semois is somewhat more floral than Manil's. There is no question that it smells and tastes like all natural tobacco. Unlike burley, I detect some tongue bite, even when "sipped" slowly through the pipe. I would rate the nicotine as a notch above medium. The room note is vaguely and mildly cigar-like.

Bob

Marc, Your Bouchon looks awfully tidy, compared to the raggedy ones that Manil makes.

Status
Not open for further replies.