Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Hi from Southern Spain

Status
Not open for further replies.

ENMEDINA

Hello. My name is Enrique and I live in Southern Spain. I have been buying whole leaf tobacco from the US for several years until I recently discovered that growers had started selling WL in my country. It is not a bad tobacco at all, but nothing compared to that sold by the big online stores in the US. Importing whole leaf in small quantities is not very expensive, but buying locally is far cheaper.
I make my own cigarettes using the fresh choice machine.

I am thinking about growing my own tobacco as a hobby. Nothing big, just a few plants to learn a little more about this fantastic leaf.

Greetings.

ChinaVoodoo

Welcome to the forum Enmedina.

It's a steep learning curve, growing your own, but after a season, and some aging you'll realize you've done something rather special and worthwhile. I very much encourage you to start.

Just a heads up, this forum is run by the owner of Whole Leaf Tobacco who I'm sure you've ordered from before.

Tutu

Hi Enrique, where in Southern Spain exactly? If I could go back to the few weeks I spent in Nerja I'd choose to do that in an instant. The advice here is the same as given by China from Canada, just go for it. Open up a grow blog thread when you start your season and you'll get advice along the way from everyone if needed. It'd be nice to see some tobacco grown in Spain! Cheers!

ENMEDINA

Hi Enrique, where in Southern Spain exactly? If I could go back to the few weeks I spent in Nerja I'd choose to do that in an instant. The advice here is the same as given by China from Canada, just go for it. Open up a grow blog thread when you start your season and you'll get advice along the way from everyone if needed. It'd be nice to see some tobacco grown in Spain! Cheers!

Thank you very much. I live in Rincón de la Victoria (Málaga), just some 35 km (20 miles) from Nerja!! A very nice place, Nerja, in fact I often go there in my road bike.

Tutu

I remember taking from there some seeds of Nispero (isn't that what you call them, the orange fruits) and some Avocado. I grew one Avocado into a nice tall plant. The Nispero is more slow in it's growth and died after some time of neglect. Earlier this year I took some Nispero seeds from fruits bought in a small store in Rome to the Netherlands and one Nispero sprouted and is growing slow but steady. So much for my Nerja memories haha, it was truly a nice place. Enjoy the forum!

Status
Not open for further replies.