Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Using tobacco for solar panels

Status
Not open for further replies.

mackavally

does any one now y the tobacco is being used as a an alternive to soler wafers first thay inject a viress in to the plant to change its menicler level compounds it growes like a regler plant but coms hervisting the drying prosses thay squess the green jucies to form a then lare of cells that collect enegry from the sun enegry................. found it my back up ,,,,,,,,, AE alternative energy news . soler sells from tobacco plants may be a realty soon poseded feb 9 2010

Last edited:

mackavally

i found the page,in press science communicaton june 2002

does any one now y the tobacco is being used as a an alternive to soler wafers first thay inject a viress in to the plant to change its menicler level compounds it growes like a regler plant but coms hervisting the drying prosses thay squess the green jucies to form a then lare of cells that collect enegry from the sun enegry
would find it at the news for up state ,orcornell

johnlee1933

Founding Member
I looked up the referenced page and found no mention of this. I then tried to access their Index and found you had to subscribe, for me a dead end

From my background in the semi conductor world I find this idea unlikely. That said, my years at Bell Labs clearly demonstrated to me that the unlikely sometimes becomes reality.

John

Last edited:

mackavally

johnlee1933 i found the info its AE news story came out of callaforny going back to high lite it

CoralReefs

Suburban baccy farmer
I looked up the referenced page and found no mention of this. I then tried to access their Index and found you had to subscribe, for me a dead end

From my background in the semi conductor world I find this idea unlikely. That said, my years at Bell Labs clearly demonstrated to me that the unlikely sometimes becomes reality.

John

There has been progress in creating solar panels from organic compounds instead of doped silicon. Its not at the level of silicon wafers yet but given that you do not need a sterile clean room to make them (and undergraduate physics major can in the lab) and given that the materials are not uber rare like silicon, might be seeing more of it soon.

johnlee1933

Founding Member
There has been progress in creating solar panels from organic compounds instead of doped silicon. Its not at the level of silicon wafers yet but given that you do not need a sterile clean room to make them (and undergraduate physics major can in the lab) and given that the materials are not uber rare like silicon, might be seeing more of it soon.

CoralReefs FYI Silicon in various silicate compounds is the second most abundant element in the world. Oxygen is first. Silicates make up about 28% of the earths crust. Silicon dioxide (SiO2) is the most common sand.

John

Status
Not open for further replies.