Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Flavourfull and aromatic tobacco for pipe smoking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gavroche

I ask myself the question of the weather report for the oriental

they are sun-cured and here the sun is not as in Greece or in Turkey!

je me pose la question de la météo pour les orientaux...ils sont sun-cured et ici le soleil n'est pas comme en Grèce ou en Turquie !

Jitterbugdude

Founding Member
I ask myself the question of the weather report for the oriental

they are sun-cured and here the sun is not as in Greece or in Turkey!

je me pose la question de la météo pour les orientaux...ils sont sun-cured et ici le soleil n'est pas comme en Grèce ou en Turquie !

Oriental will grow fine in France. Make sure you do not give them extra water. Do not top them (remove buds) and do not fertilize. Most Turkish (Oriental) should be planted very close together. I plant mine 6 inches apart in a row 6 inches wide.

SmokesAhoy

Founding Member
The more I mix various leaf the more I appreciate a simple mix of flue cured and perique.

Charly

The more I mix various leaf the more I appreciate a simple mix of flue cured and perique.

Virginia perique blends can be very good, I love this type of blends !
If you add just a tiny pinch of something else (an oriental or a dark fired kentucky or something else) it can really be good too :)

Knucklehead

Founding Member
By the way, I plan on order some of my seeds from "northwoodseeds.com" do you know if they send to France ? (I even ask myself if we are allowed to import seeds to France ?)

Yes. Skychaser is a member of the forum and highly regarded. He's a great guy and your seed will be in good hands.

Charly

Does anyone know which strain of flue cured type gives the most flavor/aroma (while air curing it) ?
From what I've read here, people recommand "Frog Eye Orinoco", is there another flavorfull variety ?

Yes. Skychaser is a member of the forum and highly regarded. He's a great guy and your seed will be in good hands.

I will soon make an order ;)

Hasse SWE

Founding Member
Sweden and France have very similar rules, so I am very shore the seed will make the trip really good.
And Skychaser have really good grow on his seed (and alot of variants).

Charly

Sweden and France have very similar rules, so I am very shore the seed will make the trip really good.
And Skychaser have really good grow on his seed (and alot of variants).

And he has a HUGE list of seeds !!! :D

Hasse SWE

Founding Member
Charly: Yes he have, can't say anything else.. But remember he (and his wife) have more than "only" tobacco. You can find a lot of interesting things to grow..

Charly

You are right, I may take some vegetable or flower too, I'll have to check with my wife :)

Gavroche

Attention Charles, the soil is very down next year. That is why we do not collect(harvest) the lower leaves...If you have a backache, your wife will be sad and flowers will change it nothing!

Charly

Attention Charles, the soil is very down next year. That is why we do not collect(harvest) the lower leaves...If you have a backache, your wife will be sad and flowers will change it nothing!

Et oui, le sol est de plus en plus bas chaque année :D
Pour ma femme, comme le dit l'expression : il va falloir "ménager la chèvre et le choux" !

Yes the ground is lower and lower each year... and for my wife, I'll have to "play both ends against the middle" !

Charly

No one answered my question, so I post it again :

Does anyone know which strain of flue cured type gives the most flavor/aroma (while air curing it) ?
From what I've read here, people recommand "Frog Eye Orinoco", is there another flavorfull variety ?

Any advice ? Thank you ;)

Hasse SWE

Founding Member
Chaley: What candy is the best in the world?You can try so much different variants alot of them are very similar but have something different sometimes you don't even can tell what just feeling that it is something you like or don't like in it..

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
No one answered my question...
I have grown the following flue-cure varieties:
  • Big Gem
  • Paris Wrapper (not a cigar wrapper type)
  • Manila Wrapper (not a cigar wrapper type)
  • Yellow Orinoco
  • White Stem Orinoco
  • Silk Leaf
  • Virginia Bright Leaf
Of these, my favorite is Virginia Bright Leaf.

Bob

Charly

Chaley: What candy is the best in the world?You can try so much different variants alot of them are very similar but have something different sometimes you don't even can tell what just feeling that it is something you like or don't like in it..

I agree with you :)
My question was about flavors (and taste).
I already smoked many different virginia blends (commercial blends) and some from WholeLeaf, and I find many too bland - tasteless whereas I find some others really tasty and flavorfull.
While I could try to grow all available virginias and test myself, I prefer to ask the people here (who has already tried some) to give their advice :) At least to begin my quest :D

I know everyone is searching something different in their baccy, and I am not asking what is "the best", but simply : what strains are the most flavorfull/tastefull :)
In my case, what virginia can give me flavors/tastes while being air cured :)
I am not searching for Nicotine, but for flavors :) (I know some people are interested more in nicotine than flavors ;) )

Thank you ;)

Gavroche

I agree with you :)
My question was about flavors (and taste).
I already smoked many different virginia blends (commercial blends)

Thank you ;)

Topping... cooking... alcool... and others...

If you want good flavors, the time is your friend.. 2 or 3 or 4 or 5 years...

Charly

I have grown the following flue-cure varieties:
  • Big Gem
  • Paris Wrapper (not a cigar wrapper type)
  • Manila Wrapper (not a cigar wrapper type)
  • Yellow Orinoco
  • White Stem Orinoco
  • Silk Leaf
  • Virginia Bright Leaf
Of these, my favorite is Virginia Bright Leaf.

Bob

Thank you Bob, I take notes, did you try those strains air cured ?

Status
Not open for further replies.