Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Flavourfull and aromatic tobacco for pipe smoking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charly

Topping... cooking... alcool... and others...

If you want good flavors, the time is your friend.. 2 or 3 or 4 or 5 years...

Time is (of course) our friend, but it won t transform a tasteless leaf into a good one :)

Alpine

I've grown a dark virginian strain this year, still curing it... I'll tell you If it's stronger tasting compared to bright Va in a couple of months. It is supposed to be stronger tasting than usual bright leaf.
Pier

Jitterbugdude

Founding Member
I've grown a lot of flue cure varieties and they just do not taste sweet when they are air cured. Some are better than others though. Virginia Brightleaf is what I would grow if I had to air cure. You should consider sun curing your flue cured types. It won't be as sweet as a flue cured (processed) but it'll be much better than air curing it.

Charly

I've grown a dark virginian strain this year, still curing it... I'll tell you If it's stronger tasting compared to bright Va in a couple of months. It is supposed to be stronger tasting than usual bright leaf.
Pier

I am planning on trying a dark viriginia too next year ;)
I look forward to hearing what you think of it

Charly

I've grown a lot of flue cure varieties and they just do not taste sweet when they are air cured. Some are better than others though. Virginia Brightleaf is what I would grow if I had to air cure. You should consider sun curing your flue cured types. It won't be as sweet as a flue cured (processed) but it'll be much better than air curing it.

I tried to air/sun cure my cherry red, and ended with leaves with many different colors spots (from bright yellow to dark brown/red)
Very few leaves had only one color on it.
The taste/flavors from the brighter leaves is better (and way more acidic) than from the darker ones.
Not easy to sun cure those big leaves...

Charly

I have saved seeds, If you want some PM your address and i'll send you some as soon as they're ready
Pier

Hello Alpine,
Which dark virginian strain have you planted ?
I will soon order some seeds from
northwoodseeds.com, I was interested in a dark virignia, but I didn't know which strain to choose... I've read "bolivian criollo black" was a good one :) so I think it will be a part of my order :)
If your strain is different I am interested, but don't feel compeled to send me some ;)
(I'll send you a MP)

Thanks

Alpine

Goose creek red, and it's been the most productive strain i've grown so far. Good uniformity, fairly big leaves, easy to manage since it has few suckers. Even primed at less than ideal ripeness, it cures well with no green spots but it takes longer to cure than bright leafs. If it tastes good, it's definitely a keeper IMO.
Pier

Hasse SWE

Founding Member
Hello Alpine,
Which dark virginian strain have you planted ?
I will soon order some seeds from
northwoodseeds.com, I was interested in a dark virignia, but I didn't know which strain to choose... I've read "bolivian criollo black" was a good one :) so I think it will be a part of my order :)
If your strain is different I am interested, but don't feel compeled to send me some ;)
(I'll send you a MP)

Thanks
They are two very different variants (if you ask me) I like them both in oral-snuff.
"Bigbonner" was putting up a video clip of "Silver river Burley" this is very similar to "Bolivian black criollo" in my grow Silver river grow higher but needed more time from seed to ready tobacco so I decided to save "Bolivian black" some people talk about a mint taste in em both, other apples, I can't tell what fruit I think about but you make Wine Of it.. But remember I ain't smoking the tobacco..

Charly

Goose creek red, and it's been the most productive strain i've grown so far. Good uniformity, fairly big leaves, easy to manage since it has few suckers. Even primed at less than ideal ripeness, it cures well with no green spots but it takes longer to cure than bright leafs. If it tastes good, it's definitely a keeper IMO.
Pier

Let us know if it tastes good when you'll smoke it ! :)

Charly

They are two very different variants (if you ask me) I like them both in oral-snuff.
"Bigbonner" was putting up a video clip of "Silver river Burley" this is very similar to "Bolivian black criollo" in my grow Silver river grow higher but needed more time from seed to ready tobacco so I decided to save "Bolivian black" some people talk about a mint taste in em both, other apples, I can't tell what fruit I think about but you make Wine Of it.. But remember I ain't smoking the tobacco..

"Bolivian black criollo" is on my list !
I will order it from skychaser soon (as soon as my list is ready, I started this thread to refine my list :) )

Hasse SWE

Founding Member
"Bolivian black criollo" is on my list !
I will order it from skychaser soon (as soon as my list is ready, I started this thread to refine my list :) )
I think you will like it. But I really most ask, do you say Grape
or Wine-Grape, that is by the way the thing I feeling in the taste..

Charly

I think you will like it. But I really most ask, do you say Grape
or Wine-Grape, that is by the way the thing I feeling in the taste..

It depends on what you want to say :)
Grape is the fruit, wine is the beverage made with grapes :)

squeezyjohn

I think the fragrance that the Silver River gives off is definitely a very distinctive thing, but judging by people's comments about it I reckon it must vary quite a lot depending on what soil and weather conditions it grows in. I've heard it described as fruity as well as minty - to my nose mine smelled more like resin or pine sap.

Bolivian criollo black definitely looks very similar to Silver River when growing and the leaves also cure in a very similar manner - the BCB ending up a darker colour. I've never tasted or smelled any BCB that had the same unusual aroma as SR - mine just smells like a mild dark air cured tobacco.

Status
Not open for further replies.