Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

how do I know that tobacco can already smoked After fermentation

Status
Not open for further replies.

pukulsesuatu

Hi, I tried to make the fermentation of virginia tobacco pipes for one month but I do not know whether the tobacco I've been able to smoked? What character traits tobacco is ready for use? image.jpg
Thanks.

Knucklehead

Founding Member
How did you cure the green tobacco to a brown color? What method are you using to ferment the cured tobacco? How does the tobacco taste now? Sometimes it can take several months for the tobacco to age and taste like good tobacco. If smoked too early, it can taste like grass.

Jitterbugdude

Founding Member
How did you cure the green tobacco to a brown color? .
A month ago I made 3 "cigars" out of freshly picked green tobacco. I put these into mylar bags and kilned them for 3 weeks. They are black as the ace of spades. Just waiting for some free time to try them. They stank bad while they were in the kiln. I had to open the bags for a week to allow the excess moisture out. Right now, they look and smell very nice.

pukulsesuatu

How did you cure the green tobacco to a brown color? What method are you using to ferment the cured tobacco? How does the tobacco taste now? Sometimes it can take several months for the tobacco to age and taste like good tobacco. If smoked too early, it can taste like grass.
I am using plastik box with bulp lamp and spray with distiled water. I want try making pipe tobacco for my daily smoking, some leaf has change color becaming black, I am afraid heat destroy a tobacco. image.jpg
Taste of tobacco getting bitter. This is firstime I am trying making my own pipe tobacco.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 23

pukulsesuatu

A month ago I made 3 "cigars" out of freshly picked green tobacco. I put these into mylar bags and kilned them for 3 weeks. They are black as the ace of spades. Just waiting for some free time to try them. They stank bad while they were in the kiln. I had to open the bags for a week to allow the excess moisture out. Right now, they look and smell very nice.
ok I will try your methode thanks

Smokin Harley

Got pictures?? I'd sure like to know the results.

Knucklehead

Founding Member
Some of my leaf that got too wet in the bottom of the plastic bag has turned black like that. You may have too much moisture. It shows 81% on your gauge, I would try to get that down to 60-70% and try to get the temperature up between 120-125F. I would especially worry about mold at that low temperature and high humidity. I normally ferment about one month. Also it may help to move the tobacco around in the bag to help keep temps and humidity more uniform through the tobacco since there is little to no air flow. Best of luck.

buck

Over humidification does cause the leaf to turn out darker, I have had some sections of leaf come out very dark (black) due to over spraying.
Knuckles advice is on the mark.

pukulsesuatu

Some of my leaf that got too wet in the bottom of the plastic bag has turned black like that. You may have too much moisture. It shows 81% on your gauge, I would try to get that down to 60-70% and try to get the temperature up between 120-125F. I would especially worry about mold at that low temperature and high humidity. I normally ferment about one month. Also it may help to move the tobacco around in the bag to help keep temps and humidity more uniform through the tobacco since there is little to no air flow. Best of luck.

Thank Knukcehead I will try

Status
Not open for further replies.