Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Pure Tobacco Cigar Blends You Can Make

Status
Not open for further replies.

DistillingJim

We have one of these for pipe blends and feel we should also have one for cigar blends. Contributions please.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Aromatic pipe blends often contain casings (tutti-frutti, caramel cream, chocolaty fudge, Napoleon brandy, diet Coke, peanut butter and bananas, etc.). Most cigars do not contain cased tobacco. Nearly all cigar blends discussed on the forum are "pure tobacco cigar blends." So I'm not sure what this thread would be about.

Bob

MarcL

It seams he means we have pipe blending threads. But, "feel we should also have one for cigar blends."? Not pipe tobacco? It's kind of a scattered search.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah. The search function is primitive and inefficient when searching for common terms (e.g. tobacco, cigar, blend).

One helpful view is simply navigating to the directory of the Cigar Tobaccos forum: http://fairtradetobacco.com/forums/38-Cigar-Tobaccos (or back up one level in the "bread crumb" trail near the top of this page).

This thread will also appear there.

Bob

DistillingJim

I'm more getting at the different combinations of leaves that people have played with and which have worked. Obviously there's the WLT kits which are great but there are also tonnes of different leaves, not to mention the ones that users are growing themselves. I for one have no idea where to start outside the kits without relying on pot luck and thought it could be good to have a thread where people can share whats working for them?

ChinaVoodoo

I'm more getting at the different combinations of leaves that people have played with and which have worked. Obviously there's the WLT kits which are great but there are also tonnes of different leaves, not to mention the ones that users are growing themselves. I for one have no idea where to start outside the kits without relying on pot luck and thought it could be good to have a thread where people can share whats working for them?

Try this thread: http://fairtradetobacco.com/threads/6412-Homegrown-WLT-Pipe-Tobacco-You-Smoked-Today

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
The Cigar Tobaccos forum contains close to 500 threads, which in turn contain thousands of posts on the subject of cigar blends.

Bob

Tanko

type this on google:

cigar blend site:http://fairtradetobacco.com

Google has an insane research power, even through websites. This command let you search key words on websites/forums, and is usually way more effiency than forums native search instruments.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
The FTT forum "tag cloud" includes the tag "cigar blends," which can be searched using the forum search. When the "cigar blends" tag is appended to a specific thread (even if it is exclusively about Moon Pies) the tagged thread will appear in a forum search of "cigar blends." The forum's search engine will also list (in order of the most recent post) any other threads that contain text content that includes "cigar blends."

So applying the tag ensures a thread's inclusion in the output of such a search. But searching by that tag (by "cigar blends") is not very selective, and fails to rank tagged threads above non-tagged threads.

[Incidentally, Google Search used to allow highly advanced searching criteria. Now we are provided only the most dumbed-down version of their search.]

Bob

Smokin Harley

Theres "what did you smoke today?" which consists of a lot of members blends .
I think I may have asked for the same thread that youre asking but I was aimed toward the search box.
Best thing however is to order a ready blended kit and expand from there . Buy a sampler pack ,and just try swapping out a leaf of this or that keeping the relative ligero, seco and viso proportions within that swap. Keeps the flavor ,strength and combustion in check.
Myself - can't beat a good Dominican double binder, Nicaraguan viso ,Criollo98 or Corojo seco ,wrapped in your choice - maduro , Ct shade,Habano 2000 ,Sumatra...etc. The limits are almost endless. Just experiment . Roll one , smoke one.

Status
Not open for further replies.