Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

The difference between caffeoylquinic acid's.. (help to clear it all up please)..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hasse SWE

Founding Member
I have looking around to find out the different between "caffeoylquinic acid" and "caffeoylquinic acid".. It might seem crazy but can someone please helping me to explain what the different between:
3-0 caffeoylquinic acid,
4-0 caffeoylquinic acid,
5-0 caffeoylquinic acid.

-I have found studies that tell that a green leaf have around 10 times more caffeoylquinic acid than a dried leaf but I have not found out more specific differences between 3,4 or 5-caffeoylquinic acid's. I think it would be interesting to know more about this..
5-caffeoylquinic acid is one of the most common in coffee..

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
caffeoylquinicacids.jpg

http://www.scielo.br/scielo.php?script=sci_arttext&pid=S1677-04202006000100018

The three compounds have identical constituents, but the quinic ring (to the left of each diagram) is attached at different points. These compounds function in plant cells within the chain of reactions involving coumaric acid. Other than knowing that they function as anti-oxidants in the body, I don't know much else about them. While irrelevant to smokers of tobacco, oral use might absorb some of the anti-oxidants.

Bob

PS: That was a tough question.

Hasse SWE

Founding Member
caffeoylquinicacids.jpg

http://www.scielo.br/scielo.php?script=sci_arttext&pid=S1677-04202006000100018

The three compounds have identical constituents, but the quinic ring (to the left of each diagram) is attached at different points. These compounds function in plant cells within the chain of reactions involving coumaric acid. Other than knowing that they function as anti-oxidants in the body, I don't know much else about them. While irrelevant to smokers of tobacco, oral use might absorb some of the anti-oxidants.

Bob

PS: That was a tough question.

Thanks for the link Bob, I don't think I have read before!
I think I have to read it a few times. I would like to find evidence that the presence of just 5-0caffeoylquinic acid should be able to change a sugar content (not delete the sugar just "block it") That Would perhaps become interesting to me how make oral-snuff (even though I don't really believe it).

Status
Not open for further replies.