Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

swedish snus - The big batch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Copenhagen Forever

You guys have probably seen this but I haven't seen it mentioned here. I might have missed it. This fellow buys the kits and while it looks like an easy way to go, I'm more interested in the packing of the crockpot.

Fullscreen capture 11192016 52339 PM.bmp.jpg

This maker has a u tube video and a website. You can go to the website and view the video from there if you want.
http://creatinker.com/swedish-snus/

squeezyjohn

Mmmmmm! Hygenic!

But seriously - I like a bit more temperature control over mine. That way will work, but it will give much more heat to the tobacco in contact with the crockpot at the edge and you will need to stir it very often to stop the edges drying out (the snus reaction will not happen unless the tobacco is also moist)

The majority of Swedes who make home-made snus use a regular kitchen oven ... or they create what they call a snus oven by lining a cardboard box with foil and placing an old fashioned 60W incandescent light bulb inside! Neither of these techniques is very scientific in the temperatures they create - but it seems to make useable snus.

Hasse SWE

Founding Member
-Alot of Swedish snus maker have started to do there home made Snus that way. I have never tried it myself, but from people I trust I have heard that it makes a great "Snus". Alot of them have "Gummi Arabicum" to get the best Texture (even if Glycerol still is most common I think), my own Snus does I never have it in. I get really good texture with out it. So I keep on make my oral-snuff the same way I always done (or noppe sometimes I make it in 70°c seven days but most often 90°c 24+12h).

Hasse SWE

Founding Member
"I'll do anything for snus ... but I won't do that"

LOL not me either, I have found a way that I like and found no reason to test it.. Perhaps I will make a snus oven just for fun (and also dry tobacco leaf in). It can be really interesting but I don't think it will be in the closest time..

Copenhagen Forever

I'm gonna try it some day. He's saying 140- 195 f / 60 - 90 c temp. He covers the top with tin foil to hold the heat and raise the temp 10 f. I found another video were the guy makes his snus the same. He made a cover out of an old blanket that fit snug around with a top sewn on. 4 oz. last me two week. I'll be caught up on this batch, meaning I'll be finishing the batch from two weeks ago and starting on the batch in the fridge now aged for two weeks- to the day. It would be good to make a large batch and start being able to age it longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.