Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Java Sun Cured

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tutu

There's a colour legends between Madura and Java. Maybe not very bright, but it should be visible

Hasse SWE

Founding Member
Nice to hear that you could find the other ones from that file on the pages Tutu..You have done a wonderful job, I really wonder how this will end.. -Think everyone understand that they ain't exclusive to the marked areas just because you found them there.. Seed have and will be spread in and around different places..

Leftynick

I have been researching a lot about Javanese sun cure tobacco lately (pretty impressive list of variety) and it occurred to me, what categories does this variety belong to? I have read some online blog (couldn't remember the link) that Javanese sun cured are descendant of oriental tobacco because of the way it is cured. Maybe it can have it own categories such as Javanese sun cured tobacco because these variety is very different from oriental tobacco in terms of taste and appearance. If I read true, the rajangan variety have two main variety, a blond rajangan and dark rajangan variety. Currently I smoke both of them, tried some in pipe but the nicotine level is way too high to smoke in a pipe.

Other than variety, the method of fermenting these type of tobacco is also unique. Some are fire cured with palm sugar added, some are added palm sugar and pressed in bamboo, some method add sugar pressed in bamboo and cooked with the bamboo afterward. The regular method of is just sun cured.

Then, we have different method of smoking these tobacco. A lot of people recognize kretek, which is regular in Indonesia where the tobacco is mixed with clove. But there are also some people who smoke add frankincense to their tobacco, some even mix in cinnamon, clove and frankincense, some sell sauces that will imitate flavor of branded cigarette, some use paper other use nipa palm or corn husk (klobot). I even found a blog showing that there are a store that sell tobacco, and will blend your tobacco according to what you want. The store keeper will add the sauce before packing your tobacco tobacco.

It is interesting if all of these variety made available to all of other who are in the other part of the world. Maybe you can send some to Skychaser to made these seed available for sell.

Tutu

I really don't know much about the origins of the Java Sun Cured. I do know that Kasturi is definitely not related to Oriental varieties. The others I really wouldn't know. My list is just based on what I can find around me in the area. All extra info I can give is that the varieties that go into Jatim sun cured tobaccos come from the very same plant as the Rajangan. That is, the lower and upper parts of the plants are dried as sound leafs and the middle part of the plant is cut up and sold as Rajangan. Also with curing it I must say that all I know is that farmers either regularly sun cure the leafs as full leafs or as Rajangan. Never seen them do fire cured or add palm suger. The bamboo press method I've heard of though, never seen it. Of course I know kretek, and smoking in corn husk, The others I haven't come across. Where is this store located you talk about? Sounds very interesting!

Leftynick

The other type of curing mostly are for traditional tobacco. Most of them are almost extinct (too sad, I would like to try some) like Ico Ugi (Bugis tobacco)

http://membunuhindonesia.net/2016/12/ico-ugi-rokok-khas-tanah-bugis/

Every district have their own unique tobacco such West Java have Sumedang (Mole) and Soppeng tobacco.

This is the tobacco store I find on the Internet. It is located in Yogjakarta, Warung Mbako Arum (Aromatic tobacco store).

http://www.bolehmerokok.com/warung-mbako-arum/

Status
Not open for further replies.