Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Hi (from France)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charly

Hello everyone,

I just realised that I still hadn't introduce myself here !
Sorry, so here we go :

my name is Charles, I live in France (in the "Ardennes") and I arrived here on the recommandations of Gavroche.
I've made my first crop this year, with some seeds from Gavroche :) :
- 401 cherry red,
- Semois,
- rustica "Mapacho"

I have only been air curing and sun curing my tobacco, some strains are easier to cure than others !
I already tried smoking it, the Semois is already pretty good, I am eager to see how good it can become with a little bit of time :)
I also began trying to make some perique (some are already 2 month old).

Next year, I will try some new strains (maybe too much at a time...) and I will try to avoid the same mistakes I have made this year.
I hope the weather will be good so we can all get some good tobacco !

I would like to thank everyone on this forum for all the precious informations you share, I have learned so much already !
Charles.

Tutu

Nice! A late welcome to you then! What varieties do you plan on growing next season? Did you make any pictures of your growth this year? We love pictures! I know I do...

Hasse SWE

Founding Member
Welcome Charles, Perique sounds nice..I was also growing Semois this year, first time but not the last, It was really funny to grow it and cured really good.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for the intro. Below is a map, for geographically impaired Americans.

Ardennes-Position.svg

Bob

Charly

@Gavroche :
Thank you for bringing me here (and for the seeds) ;)

@Tutu :
In 2017, I plan on growing :
- orientals : Prilep P66-9/7, Bursa, Xanthy, Black Sea Samsun
- cigar filler/binder : Vuelta Abajo, Little Dutch, Pennsylvania Red, Cuban Criollo 98, Nostrano del Brenta
- virginia : Hickory Pryor, Symbol 4
- others : Bolivian Criollo Black, Goose creek red, Semois

I'll have to find enough place to grow all those strains ... :D I think I am mad !

I took some pictures of my first grow, here are some :)

baby Cherry Red :
20160701_143612.jpg

baby Semois :
20160721_081851.jpg

mature Cherry Red (in ground), mature Cherry Red and Mapacho (in pot) :
20160817_185733.jpg20160817_190027.jpg

@MarcL :
Thank you ;)

@Bob :
Thanks for the map, just 100km north-east from my place is where they grow Semois (in Belgium).

Attachments

• 20160817_185733.jpg
    20160817_185733.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 1

Charly

Thank you Alpine :)

Are your seeds drying well ?
By the way, you did not tell me if you wanted some of my seeds ?

Alpine

Yes, thank you! Still a lot of kilning to do, but everything is going on well. Your seeds have been mailed yesterday, they should arrive in a week or so and no, no need to send me anything, don't worry!

Pier

Charly

@Pier :

Great news :)
I still haven't build a kiln myself, but I would really like to build one, for now I just let my tobacco aging the old way : with time :D

Thank you very much for your seeds, I hope my 2017 crop will give me a lot of seeds, so I can send you some of the strains you'd like to try :)
I ordered 5 first strains from "Northwood Seeds" 2 days ago, I hope the customs will let it come to my home, because I plan on ordering 5 more :D :D

Have a good day ;)

Hasse SWE

Founding Member
@Pier :

Great news :)
I still haven't build a kiln myself, but I would really like to build one, for now I just let my tobacco aging the old way : with time :D

Thank you very much for your seeds, I hope my 2017 crop will give me a lot of seeds, so I can send you some of the strains you'd like to try :)
I ordered 5 first strains from "Northwood Seeds" 2 days ago, I hope the customs will let it come to my home, because I plan on ordering 5 more :D :D

Have a good day ;)

That sounds interesting which variants are you planning to order? Sounds to me like you will have alot of tobacco next season..

Charly

@Hasse SWE :
The list of strains I plan on growing is listed on the previous page :)
I ordered : "Bolivian Criollo Black", "Pennsylvania Red", "Hickory Pryor", "Little Dutch" and "Xanthy"If the seeds arrive without any trouble, I'll order : "Prilep P66-9/7", "Black Sea Samsun", "Bursa", "Vuelta Abajo" and "Cuban Criollo 98"

With the seeds from Alpine ("Nostrano del Brenta", "Symbol 4" and "Goose creek red") and the one I already have, I will have around 15 strains :)

It is really cool to try many strains ! But with each new strain I add, I have to reduce the number of plant of the other strains...

Hasse SWE

Founding Member
@Hasse SWE :
The list of strains I plan on growing is listed on the previous page :)
I ordered : "Bolivian Criollo Black", "Pennsylvania Red", "Hickory Pryor", "Little Dutch" and "Xanthy"If the seeds arrive without any trouble, I'll order : "Prilep P66-9/7", "Black Sea Samsun", "Bursa", "Vuelta Abajo" and "Cuban Criollo 98"

With the seeds from Alpine ("Nostrano del Brenta", "Symbol 4" and "Goose creek red") and the one I already have, I will have around 15 strains :)

It is really cool to try many strains ! But with each new strain I add, I have to reduce the number of plant of the other strains...

Trust me I known the feeling, I trying to keep down the number of variants, Some variants I like to grow side by side just to see how similar they are.. And some variants do I try to grow one etch year (very similar but have some different things).

Status
Not open for further replies.