Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

It'S Gold

opicom

Thanks so much for the info!

I need a few of clarifications:
1. I can't follow the amount of water you mix before the cook. You talk about 1 cup and then another 3 cups but you don't use it all. How many cups of water to you mix in for the 10oz of tobacco? You say you follow how wet it gets, so it's not exact, but more or less what is the range?
2. You say you boil the water to melt the salt. How do you mix the tobacco with the salt-water? You pour the tobacco into the boiling water pot or pour the water into the tobacco container. Do you cool down the water before mixing or mix it boiling?
3. After you finish the cook. What exactly do you mean by "let it breath" for two weeks. You keep it in an uncovered container, just open to the air? Out in the open, or inside fridge?

Other than that,
If I want to keep the product in strings and a bit chewy, like Copenhagen long cut, should I cook less than 72 hours?
What do I have to change in the process a lot if you used Dark Air Cured and/or Maryland 609, but no Burley?

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome to the forum, @Chad. Feel free to introduce yourself in the Introduce Yourself forum. You might want to scan through the Smokeless topics in the Index of Key Forum Threads (link in the menu bar).

Bob

Sdrisk12

My batch from thanksgiving day is all done breathing. I took it out of the jar, stirred it up and took a dip. They say crude oil is black gold- No No No!
This dip is black gold:p. Worthy of lapping up any spills on the counter top. Some kick ass dip. A big THANK YOU to all who helped me make this happen. Squeezy, JBD,deluxestogie, RyanM22, SmokesAhoy and everybody with a kind word. You guy's are awesome. I gotta say, I'm so pleased, I'm bubbling right over. BigBonners Burley and dark air is what really turned the corner. I went from making excellent to pure black gold!:cool:
View attachment 19550
Thank you for this recipe my brotha. I have mine hanging at the moment. quick question for ya, by you cooking the tobacco in the oven, is that you fermenting it, or should i ferment mine before hand? and if so, do you have a method you could suggest? I want to eventually make me some plugs. in do time. I currently have some "One Sucker" but I have some more varieties germinating as we speak

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome to the forum @Sdrisk12. Feel free to introduce yourself in the Introduce Yourself forum. Scan through the topics in our Index of Key Forum Threads (and check the link for a free, downloadable Snuff, Snus and Chew book—near the top of the Index). If you plan on growing, do read the New Growers' FAQ.

Bob

Sdrisk12

Welcome to the forum @Sdrisk12. Feel free to introduce yourself in the Introduce Yourself forum. Scan through the topics in our Index of Key Forum Threads (and check the link for a free, downloadable Snuff, Snus and Chew book—near the top of the Index). If you plan on growing, do read the New Growers' FAQ.

Bob
What’s up FTT?! I’ve been growing for about a 8 months now and i am wanting to make some plug and other chew leaf…. Thank you guys and it is a pleasure seeing all the recipes!