Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Hello from Texas

Status
Not open for further replies.

cl-10

Hello. I'm Dave from Texas. This site was recommended , and upon looking at it, this is going to be fun! I started rolling a few cigars about a year ago, and although they aren't pretty yet, so far they have smoked well. Now I just need to get good and making a nice looking cigar and get some different blends down for my staple. So gar I have been just using Ct. Broadleaf wrapper with Nicaraguan and Dominican fillers. Just bought some Honduran Habano wrapper to try. I think there is some really good advise to be gleaned from you guys!

PsychDoc

Hello and welcome Dave from Texas! It is a great hobby....relaxing and enjoyable. I'm in Austin. Where are you in Central Texas?

cl-10

I'm in Kyle. I thought about checking out Babalu's in Austin, where I heard they have a cigar rolling class. I think some hands on critique is what I need now. I have watched a lot of videos and I think I just need some hands on guidance now to get better looking cigars. Have you heard anything about classes there?

PsychDoc

Yeah Bobalus is great. Jeff (owner) is a nice guy. I have not taken the class but I have thought about it. I think it is around $50 but you get to keep the cigars you roll. Most of their rollers are from Cuba. If you haven't been to Habana House you need to go! Really great selection and friendly people. There is a another shop out in Lakeway called Cigar Room. The owner has his own brand of cigars (Torres) and has some good insights into blending.

Smokin Harley

Yeah Bobalus is great. Jeff (owner) is a nice guy. I have not taken the class but I have thought about it. I think it is around $50 but you get to keep the cigars you roll. Most of their rollers are from Cuba. If you haven't been to Habana House you need to go! Really great selection and friendly people. There is a another shop out in Lakeway called Cigar Room. The owner has his own brand of cigars (Torres) and has some good insights into blending.

Which Torres would that be???

Charly

Hello Dave, welcome :)

You'll find a lot here ! very good advices and informations.
People here are really kind and generous, they share there knowledge like nowhere else.

Charles.

ArizonaDave

Torres, as in Tim Torres?

ArizonaDave

Hello. I'm Dave from Texas. This site was recommended , and upon looking at it, this is going to be fun! I started rolling a few cigars about a year ago, and although they aren't pretty yet, so far they have smoked well. Now I just need to get good and making a nice looking cigar and get some different blends down for my staple. So gar I have been just using Ct. Broadleaf wrapper with Nicaraguan and Dominican fillers. Just bought some Honduran Habano wrapper to try. I think there is some really good advise to be gleaned from you guys!

Welcome Dave, from another Dave here in AZ.

DIY Pete

Hello Dave from Texas. Pretty cigars are nice but if they taste good and smoke good then you are good to go.

Sorry I couldn't help myself.

Pete

cl-10

Thanks for the kind welcome and advise! I just ordered some Paraguay Flojo Africa Viso. It sounds interesting. Anyone tried it yet?

Copenhagen Forever

I heard they roll bigger cigars in Texas.

I guess you never heard the joke, well I'll tell ya.
This fella from the north walks into a hotel in Texas. He looks up and just stares in amazement. A Cattleman wearing a ten gallon hat says to him "what are you looking at son" He says "I can't believe how big this place is" "You think this place is big? Why everything's big in Texas. Big country, big sky, giant steer in Texas, Why we even smoke six inch cigars down here in Texas. The northerner says "You think six inch cigars are big? The Texan exclaims "Across the HEAD?

Status
Not open for further replies.