Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

my latest shipment of seeds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smokin Harley

I had purchased online a few packs of seed from Sustainable Seed Company to go toward my 2017 grow season. Included in my selections were the following-

Japan 8
MD 609
Goose Creek Red
Virginia 116
Harrow Velvet
Yellow Twist Bud

They also sent me a bonus free packet of Golden Wilt tobacco seed. I don't recall seeing anyone here growing it . It is described as :

Golden Wilt is a bright leaf with a high resistance to bacterial wilts such as Granville and Fusarium. A vigorous grower ,reaching 7 ft tall with large closely spaced leaves up the stalk. Matures in approximately 65 days.A Heavy producer and the leaves easily AIR CURE to a light golden yellow. Excellent for cigarette or pipe blends due to its mild smooth flavor.

Sounds very nice . Has anyone here actually grown it ? How did it perform for you? How did you use it ? How did it smoke?

riverstone

SM
I have some plants in at the moment. I had a hard job getting them to germinate. Gave some seed to Orson Carte and he says his was very easy to germinate and very strong growing. Seeing as it was my first year growing from seed (last year I was donated some Virginia plants) I suppose it is something I have done, or not done. I have three surviving plants so not a total loss.
The tag about air curing caught my eye to start with.

SmokesAhoy

Founding Member
Huh just read about what they bred it to, a cigar filler. Well, likely they wouldn't release it if it didn't taste like it's main parent, Virginia bright leaf. Still exciting, and gives you something to look forward to. I love random freebies cause generally it's not something you've tried before.

Status
Not open for further replies.