Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

chocolatey tobacco

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmokesAhoy

Founding Member
I've gotten this twice, first was with a criollo puro, the other time with a pipe. I'm trying to get it again and coming up short. I've gotten hints, but never the dark chocolatey taste again. Has anyone nailed down a recipe?
It has something to do with the flue cured being blended just so.

Might have been fc, perique, dark air but damned if I can recreate it.

Smokin Harley

closest I've come was a cavendish I made last year ...If memory serves, the blend had Madole, Little Dutch and Black Samsun ...proportions were equal or more than likely heavier on the dutch since I got more of that than I planned. The down side of this was I didn't dry it down enough and it ended up molding badly ,so I only got one pipe bowl out of it.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
The top leaves of Little Dutch, PA Red and Comstock Spanish naturally kiln to a deep brown, somewhat chocolaty taste. I look for that in fully matured, top leaf.

Bob

SmokesAhoy

Founding Member
Sorry, I rewrote that short post so many times I left out the most important part- trying to remake it for the pipe.

It has something to do with flue cured being blended just so. Something about the fc character coming through on the front of the flavor (sweet maybe?) with another tobacco type subtly turning it to chocolate. I don't have a ton of varieties that I smoke in the pipe so I guess I need to get blending small batches. I hope it wasn't made with something I'm out of now.

Hasse SWE

Founding Member
Perhaps you should try Jupiter-Burley people how smoke pipe say it have a very nice chocolate taste. I just make oral-snuff and feel more a taste of peanuts, very good but so low in nicotine so I need to have other tobacco in it so I feel like my self.. Semois make a interesting oral-snuff "Green biror" taste almost the same but don't have the same sweetness. That sweetness is one thing that is really interesting (for me) I can't say that I have found it in any of the other"burley" burley I have growing in other ways Semois taste like a burley mixed up with something else..

Status
Not open for further replies.