Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Suerdieck Bahia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Copenhagen Forever

I use to buy Brazilian cigars called Suerdieck Bahia mandarim by the box. Back in the 80's cigars were cheap. A box would go for $30-$40. Man I loved those cigars. I guess they have closed there doors. Does anyone remember that brand and maybe what tobacco I could buy to roll my own?

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
All of their cigars were rolled from various colors of Mata Fina grown Bahia leaf. WLT carries Mata Fina.

Yes, they've gone belly up. Dannemann still makes Bahia puros, though I always preferred the Suerdieck. Mandarim Pai were nearly black, short, box-pressed coronas, with a pointed head.

You might enjoy this thread of old tobacco photos from Brazil: http://fairtradetobacco.com/threads/5938-Tabacos-Brasileiros-Photos-(1977)

Bob

Copenhagen Forever

Oh Ya Bob. You know what I'm talk'n about. They were dark brown and rich smelling. Burned a white ash. I would smoke one all day by re-lighting till by the end of the day, be an inch long. Thanks for the information. I'll pick some up and try it. I'm not sure of what a box press is but the info's probably on here somewhere.
Does the tobacco have to be cased with an alkaline? I know little to nothing about rolling cigars.

Smokin Harley

Oh Ya Bob. You know what I'm talk'n about. They were dark brown and rich smelling. Burned a white ash. I would smoke one all day by re-lighting till by the end of the day, be an inch long. Thanks for the information. I'll pick some up and try it. I'm not sure of what a box press is but the info's probably on here somewhere.
Does the tobacco have to be cased with an alkaline? I know little to nothing about rolling cigars.

distilled water misted lightly over the leaf works fine

Smokin Harley

Box press is when the barrel of the cigar is lightly pressed into a square or rectangular shape. It is not round as your standard parejo would be.

Copenhagen Forever

Box press is when the barrel of the cigar is lightly pressed into a square or rectangular shape. It is not round as your standard parejo would be.
Thank you, I just found a thread with pics of a box press. I have some oak and I can make one. I had forgotten that they were square cigars and now I can picture them in the box.

Status
Not open for further replies.