Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

cigars for warriors...anyone doing this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArizonaDave

Jtravis

I've thought about doing this before, but just never did. Were you hoping to collect some from us too or just send your out?

Raodwarior

Been doing that with these folks for years, great group and talking to the kids when they come home was one of their favorite gifts to get.

Jitterbugdude

Founding Member
What's the latest on this? As part of the new FDA regs, tobacco products cannot be sent to the troops. I seem to recall recently though that Congress amended that rule but I'm not too sure. Of course, who's going to know if you send a box of stogies???

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
HalfWheel.com Oct 24 said:
FDA’s ban on donating cigars only applies to retailers and manufacturers who wish to donate cigars to troops at no cost. Those donations would fall under the ban on free samples, which FDA claims is to prevent consumers from being enticed to make a tobacco purchase.

There is nothing FDA can do that would prevent a private citizen from gifting cigars of their own.

While manufacturers like J.C. Newman and Rocky Patel have stated they stopped donations to troops because of FDA’s new regulations, Cigars for Warriors—a non-profit organization dedicated solely to providing cigars to troops—has continued to send care packages with cigars. The organization says it has sent over 8,000 cigars this month alone.

http://halfwheel.com/fda-cigar-donations-to-troops-are-illegal

Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.