Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

How Will you Spend your Leap Second on New Year's Eve?

Status
Not open for further replies.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
It's one of those calendar-jiggling adjustments to keep the seasons lined up. This year (in addition to being a leap year--with that extra day in February) has a leap second added to the end of the day on 31 December 2016. This wonderful year will be a second longer than expected.

What do you plan to do with that extra second of 2016? Assist the poor? Make the world a better place? Fart one extra time?

Your ideas might be an inspiration to other members.

Bob

Smokin Harley

It's one of those calendar-jiggling adjustments to keep the seasons lined up. This year (in addition to being a leap year--with that extra day in February) has a leap second added to the end of the day on 31 December 2016. This wonderful year will be a second longer than expected.

What do you plan to do with that extra second of 2016? Assist the poor? Make the world a better place? Fart one extra time?

Your ideas might be an inspiration to other members.

Bob

Depends on where the extra second is placed...my guess is a very probable and very simple answer...sleeping.

ChinaVoodoo

I've got a CAO Amazon Basin ready for tonight. I've spent every day since Christmas Eve with the in-laws, so I think I deserve that.

rainmax

Founding Member
I will kiss my wife twice instead of once. And love will be multiple for this year....
It is one of love recipe.

Two kisses a day, two hugs and twice " I love you" to a person that is close to you. Actually to all of my family.
There is so many days that we forget all this but we can do it tonight.

I wish you all the best where ever you are. I will be at home this year...

riverstone

Seeing it is already NEW Years Day here in NZ I can tell you how I used the extra second on 2016.
I blinked at the wrong time and missed it. Story of my life :cool:

ArizonaDave

I will kiss my wife twice instead of once. And love will be multiple for this year....
It is one of love recipe.

Two kisses a day, two hugs and twice " I love you" to a person that is close to you. Actually to all of my family.
There is so many days that we forget all this but we can do it tonight.

I wish you all the best where ever you are. I will be at home this year...

I like that!

MarcL

I wonder if the ball count down will be from 11 seconds tonight. most likely we'll be around a fire pit watching an extra second click.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
My first thought was, what is deluxe stogie going to do with it? Tell us please.
It's a tough decision, but I think I'll go with one last belch.

"It's better to belch and bear the shame, than squelch the belch and bear the pain."
[Jack Frakes. Once Upon a Playground: a comedy in one act. 1961]

Bob

MarcL

It is a tough call. I hope you can get it with in the perimeter. I'd imagine it could easily go into next year.

Hasse SWE

Founding Member
Does that mean that you will get 1.5 seconds extra?

Bob

Bob don't you known that it's just the way it works, If someone give you a penny you take two, if someone give you a second you would take two of those, but perhaps there are a extra taxes one second so we all take a half (but one a way that it might take a half second to get ready to work again)..

Bob it's really time for you to learn how to take back more than you give..

Smokin Harley

LOL! We lay low here too, or we have a home party.

we were invited to one of the wifes workmates new home for the new year...thing is we all like to imbibe and in order to go home (past waaay too many cops with check points) is to remain unimbibed (I just made up a word) so we stayed home and had Lobster tails, King crab legs the size of baby arms (and about a melted stick of butter apiece),baked potato and a steamed artichoke, oh and a few Jack and Cokes...we decided this should be our new new years eve dinner tradition. and as I had predicted....after all that food (and whiskey), I fell asleep somewheres around 8 , went to bed at 11:15.

Status
Not open for further replies.