Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

You be the judge - Samurai 360

Status
Not open for further replies.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Re: You be the judge

The only whole tomato is sliced in half by tossing it at the blade. There is not enough clearance to roll it over a full-size tomato.

They show it going into the dishwasher as a single piece. If it does not disassemble, then it can never be properly cleaned. Looks problematic for sharpening. Looks dangerous. Thumbs down (before you cut them off with the Samurai 360).

Bob

Hasse SWE

Founding Member

Most say that I really don't believe I that knife ether. But as BigBonner question was, perhaps something for tobacco

BigBonner

Founding Member

I figured someone had already purchased one and could add feedback .
A chaveta is dangerous if used wrong .

Brown Thumb

Only a fool cuts his finders off with a tool. I agree with bob about cleaning it.
For cigars and leaf it might work.:confused:

Smokin Harley

just another as seen on tv gimmick...that will soon take up space in the back of someones kitchen drawer. kinda like those orange juicer plastic things, shove it in an orange and somehow it instantly pours out a quart of juice from a single orange. or spiral slicer that the plastic screw snaps off on the first use. Give me a nice Santoku blade .

cindynsg

How do you make whisky? Sounds like a fun project.

cindynsg

Looks like the tabacco would get wedged up into the handle. Food also.

MarcL

La Gloria Cubana did, maybe still does, these cigar rolling events at B&M locations were they would bring Leo Peraza, master roller to assist and teach customers how to apply wrappers. They brought these 5 inch solid rotary blades that were mounted in an over head handle that looked like these except they had solid blades. They had a La Gloria Cubana insignia on them that you would see on the box top or, cigar band.

I do have a tiny rotary blade I'll use sometimes. but, it does disassemble so.. . Can't beat a chaveta for sure.
They most likely want you to buy a case of them so that when they get to smelling to bad, you can just throw it out and grad another.
Maybe for tobacco, not food. But, it's to big.

Smokin Harley

How do you make whisky? Sounds like a fun project.

fermentation and distillation is the method for making whiskey but that at the bottom of my posts is a line from a song by Hank Williams Jr. called "A country boy can survive"

cindynsg

fermentation and distillation is the method for making whiskey but that at the bottom of my posts is a line from a song by Hank Williams Jr. called "A country boy can survive"

I know the song well. Picked up an old keg & was going to make a distillery with it, but never got to it. I buy orgamic whole leaf tabacco.

Status
Not open for further replies.