Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

nasal snuff recipe

SmokesAhoy

Founding Member
It's every bit as good as an American scotch, which is my favorite style. It's also apparently too easy to make I was never getting it quite right, additional processes were messing up the end product.

Flour is a mix of fire cured and dark air, I like 60/40 or 50/50 personally.
Salt 4% of tobacco weight
Splenda .5-1% tobacco weight-or whatever artificial sweetener you want
Cherry oil- I use loranns black cherry. This could be any flavouring or none at all. To get a small enough amount in to the mix I dip a length of wire about the diameter of a small sewing needle in to the oil and rub it back and forth through the powder.

Process in to powder-using air dried, not scorched tobacco. This anecdotal story messes up the end product too much. The more stems you use the milder in nicotine the end product.
Powder your salt,I use kosher salt because it seems the easiest to get it into a very fine powder. Mix in to the salt and sweetener and powder more. Add to tobacco flour and buzz for another minute. Sieve to size and continue powdering anything that doesn't seive.

When everything is powdered, and still in your coffee grinder, add the cherry oil to the mix by swiping the wire back and forth through the flour. Powder will stick to the wire scrape it on the grinder blade. Buzz in the coffee grinder again for another minute or more.

Sieve one last time and put in to an airtight container. It's good right away but over time the flavors meld and the cherry begins to come through subtly.

This is fully as good as any American scotch, a smokey snuff where the cherry melds wonderfully with the smoke and there is just enough salt and sweetener to make it taste very good without being either salty or sweet. Cherry doesn't come through as cherry as not enough was used, but it modifies the fire cured to have a different character. Softer and sweeter.

No alkaline is added- at an estimated 40+mg/g with these tobaccos- it's fine as is and very gentle on the nose.

In terms of sweetness I'd put it at semi sweet. Sweet enough without actually making it a "sweet."

If you're also a fan of American scotch, give this a try and be sure to tell me what you think of the recipe:)