Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Hello from France

Status
Not open for further replies.

clemdu76

Hi, I'm Clement, my English is not good, I use dictionary to help my self :)
I Live in France, in the " Normandie", everybody has to know :)

I grow up my tobacco since 2 years .

My seeds is only virginia tobacco . I makes cigarette with this tobacco .

I have only been air curing my tobacco, it's not very good for me because the leaves rest green, but a member of this forum my explain why and that is why, the next year, i will be performing 'sun cured' in my greenhouse , here is :D

I test de process "perique" and i must say that it is very good :D

It is the french member "Charly" which my to help to grow my tobacco because i'm am not good in English, Needs that I take lessons of English :D:D

Anyway, you made good job witch tobacco , i'm surprised :D:D

Thank you and good evening :D:D

Normandie.jpg

Hasse SWE

Founding Member
Welcome clemdu76, FTT have some other members from France so I think they can help you even if they ain't English speaking. The translate programs are quite good today also, can create some misunderstanding but that is also part of the game..

clemdu76

Thank you for you welcome and your links, it is very good .

For my English, it is the vocabulary and conjugation or i have difficulty but i arrive has to understand you

good evening :)

squeezyjohn

Bienvenue Clemdu76! Normandie - pas trop loin de moi à travers La Manche! Je comprends tout que vous avez écrit.

I expect my schoolboy French is worse.

We share similar climate and I understand the problems with leaf curing green very well (or going mouldy!) I find the best way to get good air cured tobacco is to find varieties of tobacco which ripen early and cure easily and quickly. You also need plans to save your crop if the weather turns wet before curing is finished (perique or carotte tobacco is a good plan).

Bonne chance pour 2017!

SmokesAhoy

Founding Member
I'll second what John said, varieties that start removing the chlorophyll on their own make a world of a difference. Color curing is a chore once temps dip into the 40's or 50's.

squeezyjohn

Thanks for the backup Smokes ... yes varieties which seem to go yellow easily while growing on the plant are so much easier to cure. Also worth bearing in consideration is how quickly the midrib dries which varies a lot between varieties.

Clemdu76 - I would very much recommend a variety called Galician Original which I grew this year. It's a large productive plant with big leaves that was very vigorous in the English climate and I imagine it would be successful in Normandy, the leaves turn yellow on the plant, and it dries out the midribs quickly when air curing. I don't know much about it's heritage, but the tobacco is light in colour, above average in nicotine and smells very much like a classic virginia tobacco. I don't smoke cigarettes so I cannot tell you how it smokes. Seeds are available from http://www.uktobaccoseeds.co.uk/store/p41/Galician_Original_500_seeds.html

Alpine

Regarding yellowing of the leaf Symbol 4 has been the easiest strain to cure so far. The leaves started yellowing on the plant well before flowering. Alas, the taste doesn't suits my needs... Too "burleysh" for a bright leaf IMO...

Pier

rainmax

Founding Member
Welcome Clement. Gavroche, Charly, you...and so on.. You know enough english to understand how to grow tobacco. But you know it already.
Don't hesitate to ask if you need anything... even seeds...

Charly

Welcome on board Clement ;)

English language is really a must when you are searching information on the web !

There are some strains that color cure and dry easier than others, with my little experience (only one year), I had strains that wanted to mold all the time ("cherry red" bright leaf), where others went really fine without any care ("semois")...
This year I plan on trying many varieties so I can see what works best for me :)
Depending on the climat, you have to adapt the conditions and the methods to allow the leaves to cure and dry properly, easy to say but hard to do !

Happy growing

---

Bonjour Clément ;)

L'Anglais est incontournable lorsqu'on cherche des infos sur internet !

Comme l'ont dit certains membres, il y a des variétés de tabac qui sont plus facile à faire sécher que d'autres, j'en ai fait l'expérience cette année, avec le virginia "Cherry Red" avec lequel j'ai eu pas mal de souci de mildiou puis de moisissures... alors que le "Semois" (qui vient de Belgique) a séché comme un charme !
Cette année, je vais essayer plus de variétés pour voir ce qui marche le mieux pour moi :)
En fonction du climat où tu habites, il faut adapter les méthodes, et trouver le bon emplacement pour faire sécher le tabac dans les bonnes conditions.

Bonne chance avec tes cultures cette année ;)

Hasse SWE

Founding Member
I was growing "Semois" this year and it surprised me. I stalk cured some of them and those cured absolutely best. So think of that next harvest don't just think"every other priming so I must also priming my leaf".. I think it's best to find the own way to go sometime.. But it's also good to learn by others mistake's..

clemdu76

Thanks for the backup Smokes ... yes varieties which seem to go yellow easily while growing on the plant are so much easier to cure. Also worth bearing in consideration is how quickly the midrib dries which varies a lot between varieties.

Clemdu76 - I would very much recommend a variety called Galician Original which I grew this year. It's a large productive plant with big leaves that was very vigorous in the English climate and I imagine it would be successful in Normandy, the leaves turn yellow on the plant, and it dries out the midribs quickly when air curing. I don't know much about it's heritage, but the tobacco is light in colour, above average in nicotine and smells very much like a classic virginia tobacco. I don't smoke cigarettes so I cannot tell you how it smokes. Seeds are available from http://www.uktobaccoseeds.co.uk/store/p41/Galician_Original_500_seeds.html

Hello, we have everything them two, the same problem , yes, the climate is similar has we , i think that he degrades witch years :(
I am going to command the seeds that you indicated to me . Made you left still the UE ? It is to avoid a seizure of seeds
I don't find the seeds called "semois", google send me back in the the market of cigars .

Good evening

Charly

I don't find the seeds called "semois", google send me back in the the market of cigars .

I don't think semois seeds can be found on the internet...
Send me your address by PM, I'll send you some seeds of semois.
Gavroche (another french member) sent it to me last year, he took it directly in Belgium, in the field of a real semois farmer :)

Je ne pense pas qu'on puisse trouver des graines de semois sur le net...
Envoie-moi ton adresse par MP, et je t'en envoie ;)
Gavroche (également planteur en France) m'en avait envoyé l'année dernière, il les avait récupéré directement en Belgique, chez un vrai producteur de semois :)

Bonne soirée,
Charles.

Tutu

Welcome to the forum. Nice to see more and more French members joining the forum. By posting on the forum your English will also improve fast. Like you said, the most important thing is to be able to understand one another. I think we're all managing just fine with that. Happy growing!

Status
Not open for further replies.