Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Scientific investigation - natural vs. commercial

Status
Not open for further replies.

clemdu76

Hello, I wonder if studies scientist were made on the natural tobacco , because some french people say that is more dangerous than the tobacco of the buisiness , can be that they are jealous of my tobacco :D:D ?

Anyway, I shall like to know more about it :confused:

Thank you and good evening at all :)

ArizonaDave

Re: Scientific investigation

Hello, I wonder if studies scientist were made on the natural tobacco , because some french people say that is more dangerous than the tobacco of the buisiness , can be that they are jealous of my tobacco :D:D ?

Anyway, I shall like to know more about it :confused:

Thank you and good evening at all :)

They are probably jealous :) Country or area grown, yearly climate, fertilizer, all play a factor. Like wine, some years are better.

Alpine

For sure smoking is not a healthy choice but I think that homegrown tobacco provides a more natural (i.e. No chemicals added) alternative to commercial stuff. And, we all have the luxury to taste different strains which is similar to tasting wine: the big difference between a Bourgogne and a Bordeaux or the subtle nuances that make a St Emilion different from a Pomerol... Just to remain in France lol. Bob (Deluxestogie) will surely can quote an article on the subject and give a better explanation

Pier

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member

The non-scientific policy position of the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is that no tobacco product or mode of consumption is safer than any other. Clearly that is false.

Some "Virginia" type tobacco varieties have been modified to generate lower levels of TSNAs (tobacco specific nitrosamines) when they are flue-cured. In this specific case, those commercial tobaccos, when flue-cured, are somewhat less carcinogenic than your home-grown tobacco--if you flue-cure your own tobacco. If you do flue-cure your own tobacco, TSNAs can be minimized by using a heat source that does not expose the tobacco to the combustion products of petroleum fuels. [Forum members Jitterbugdude and BigBonner have explored this subject more than I have, and should correct me if I've misstated this.]

In a broader sense, home-grown tobacco is contaminated only with the chemicals you choose to put on it, whereas commercial tobacco is exposed to dozens of different chemicals during growing, and processing. These are considered "safe" chemicals, but are frequently used in combinations that have never been fully tested, and are not declared in the tobacco you purchase.

The choice is one of these:
  1. commercial tobacco with many chemicals (unknown to you)
  2. home-grown tobacco with only the chemicals you choose (if any)
Bob

SmokesAhoy

Founding Member

All tobacco products are equally dangerous.

One of the research scientists in the studies that they use clearly states the fda is cherry picking data to relate a preconceived narrative. The skinny is smokeless is orders of magnitude safer.
http://rodutobaccotruth.blogspot.com/

The problem with cigarettes is you are constantly inhaling smoke. Even without a substance that can cause cancer you're still causing mechanical issues in the system. But even then we all know a 2 pack a day-er that's in their 90's. The biggest brains don't know why that is though. We have correlation studies but that's not concrete causation applicable directly to humans and not mice.

Is your tobacco healthier? I don't know. It's dangerous to cross the road.

Last edited:

ChinaVoodoo

The university of Alberta is doing research on lung cancer screening and is looking for volunteers. They wouldn't take me because pipe smoking isn't considered a risk factor for lung cancer.

clemdu76

Thank you for your answers, i am reassured, the scientists of your country did the good work , I use only a liquid manure nettle (purin d'ortie ) ,horse manure and the water of my pond .
In conclusion no chemical :)
I dry him looks air cured, we do not have the rigth to make of the fire, the law is a little bit vague top :D

Status
Not open for further replies.