Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Hi everyone does anyone know where is Don of WLT?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jojjas

I consume approx 50 gr of snus/day (50 gr snus is 50% water and 50% tobaccoflour)
That will be 1,5 kg snus or 750 gr tobaccoflour per month , 5 kg will last about 6.5 months + 1 deluxestogie corona a day + 5 bowls of pipetobacco a day , hmmmmmmm maybe i should reduce my consumtion a bit :rolleyes:

SmokesAhoy

Founding Member
Wow that is a lot of snus, how long do you keep it in for?

Of course if I was in Sweden I'd probably run through that much just sampling all the different types you have out there, like a kid in a candy store.

burge

I just read zig and Bobs pist I find Larry's to be really good. I am in a low humidity climate so storing in the bag Big sent is fine. I love the yellow . Again mixing it 50 50 with Dons lemon is really good. I think for storing tobacco outside humidity is what accounts for mold

stenknz

Just ordered one pound to NZ. WLT seem like the best place to buy.

If this gets through will test 5 pounds.

Thanks for all the information in this thread guys! Really helps me out and I am quite pleased I ordered from WLT.

Orson Carte

It will definitely 'get through'. Similarly, 5 pounds will also definitely get through. You can get away (without any duty) with individual consignments of up to 10 lbs.
However, with any package you have to be prepared for a bit of a circus if Customs decides to 'heat treat' it. It would appear that they just do this randomly.
If this happens (and it's about 50/50 whether it does or not), you will pay an extra $45 and, beyond your control, they change the colour and texture of your consignment.
One final thing; the Law is touted to change early next year - so, get it while you can.

stenknz

It will definitely 'get through'. Similarly, 5 pounds will also definitely get through. You can get away (without any duty) with individual consignments of up to 10 lbs.
However, with any package you have to be prepared for a bit of a circus if Customs decides to 'heat treat' it. It would appear that they just do this randomly.
If this happens (and it's about 50/50 whether it does or not), you will pay an extra $45 and, beyond your control, they change the colour and texture of your consignment.
One final thing; the Law is touted to change early next year - so, get it while you can.

Thanks Orson.

Appreciate your reply!

stenknz

OK so my order is in NZ. Currently being 'Held for Clearance' by customs.

Does that mean I will have to pay for the heat treatment? Only ordered one pound!

riverstone

If it is released for delivery you will be lucky. Otherwise you will get a letter in a week or two and a bill for $45. They will not treat it until it is paid for.

Orson Carte

If it is released for delivery you will be lucky. Otherwise you will get a letter in a week or two and a bill for $45. They will not treat it until it is paid for.

I agree.
Once the tracker states that it is 'Held for Clearance', it will indeed not be coming directly to your door. The magic words you'd want to see are, 'Released for delivery' and/or 'In transit to local depot'.
Because you are required to pay a flat $45 treatment fee, whether it's 500g (in your case) or (up to) 25kg, you will appreciate that it just doesn't make sense to continue to buy it one pound at a time.
My last order (of six pounds) got 'lost' for a month.
On the tracker it indicated that it was 'Held for Clearance' but no letter from 'QTC' (the testing outfit) appeared. After phoning Customs, MPI and QTC and having them each tell me they had no trace of it, I lastly rang NZ Post who opened a 'Case' - to find the missing parcel.
And, in a matter of just a few hours the tracker showed that it was 'In transit to local depot'. It was delivered two days later, opened but UNTREATED.

Last edited:

riverstone

stenknz, I have just received my latest shipment of 8 lbs. It took 11 days including a long weekend in the US and one here. It was not held at the border or heat treated and works out the cheapest baccy I have got in so far. NZ$ 38/lb. I should buy a lotto ticket. Wait. I did buy one. I'm looking at it in the bin as I type this.

stenknz

Well after nearly a month I have my parcel! First of all I am very happy with the product and will certainly buy more from WLT.
The time it took to get to NZ was days and the rest of the time it was waiting for heat treatment etc... But still got it!
As long as I figure I have to pay an extra $45 NZD on top for treatment, all is good. Thanks to all the members here that have given me advice about what to expect.

Cheers all! About to roll me a cig and have a Cider!:cool:

stenknz

stenknz, I have just received my latest shipment of 8 lbs. It took 11 days including a long weekend in the US and one here. It was not held at the border or heat treated and works out the cheapest baccy I have got in so far. NZ$ 38/lb. I should buy a lotto ticket. Wait. I did buy one. I'm looking at it in the bin as I type this.

Thanks for the reply mate! Good stuff that you got it in so easy! What did you get? What tobacco type? I got the Virginia Red Flue cured. Next time I would like to get a nice blend don't know too much about it but learning!

riverstone

I got Virginia Lemon Flue Cured. I already have some Red and Prilep. I mixed Lemon and Red half and half and just a few Prilep for more flavour and aroma. Last years crop is smokable now so I am mixing Lemon with last years Virginia and the prilep. My wife loves it so that is always a plus.

stenknz

Nice sounding blend. I nearly got the Virginia Lemon but decided to get the Red instead. Should have ordered both, but first order was to see if it would get to me.

burge

The lemon is a lot like Kendal Gold or the Three Castles. Nice tobacco.

burge

I got Virginia Lemon Flue Cured. I already have some Red and Prilep. I mixed Lemon and Red half and half and just a few Prilep for more flavour and aroma. Last years crop is smokable now so I am mixing Lemon with last years Virginia and the prilep. My wife loves it so that is always a plus.

That is why I posted a review on the lemon. its good if everyone shares there methods on getting her ready. When I get new stuff I shred the first pound to get a idea of he taste. A lot of the new stuff tastes okay but it takes a year almost to develop flavor.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Even though interesting discussions are continuing on this particular thread, the title of it has become meaningless. So I'll put it to bed.

Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.