Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

What's Your Favorite Tobacco or Blend for Snus Making?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doogie

I like mixing my plants I use V gold, yellow twist bud, little dutch, and some rustica (Aztec) to bump up my nic content if I feel it's on the low end. I also use sodium carbonate to adjust the ph of my chew, which helps with freebasing the nicotine. If you have questions or need sodium carb l have more then a lifetime supply. Have a lot of Aztec seeds also

SmokesAhoy

Founding Member
Bigbonner sells red tip burley that is perfect for smokeless, it ages out to a dark chocolatey flavor as is but can also be used as a base mixing with dark air to increase strength, flue cured for sweetness.

Pasteurized

I am surprised how many use Virginias for snus. Don't get me wrong. I loved straight Virginias when I still smoked, or blended with up to a quarter of Turkish for the same. For snus though, I'm sticking with the Swedish method of using only air cured to severely limit TSNAs which are abundant in flue-cured, from what I understand.

Personally, I'd love to add a bit of rustica for experimentation. However, my preference is a much lower nicotine content than is standard in Swedish manufactured snus. Even the minis had way too much 'bite' for my taste. I believe it was a combination of too much nicotine with too much soda ash as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.