Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

National Selling Company? - Tuck Cutter

Status
Not open for further replies.

JComer

I picked up a National Selling Co. table top cigar cutter can't find anything on it on line is anyone familiar with these cutters? thanks

JComer

Re: National Selling Company?

"Although cutter designs were modified often, the only great design revolution came with the introduction of the MD&P Star Cutter in the 1880’s."

http://cigarhistory.info/Cigarmaking/Cigarmaking_tools_II.html

What would you like to do with it?

I am going to keep it and use it I hope to try an roll my own cigars, it is off the cutting block right now so I could clean it up a little the board has had a lot of use from the look of it

tullius

what year where these made???
Just picked one of these up on epray for $45 shipped. Big thanks to @MarcL for the heads-up, wouldn't have seen it without him. Not as clean as yours and missing the lower blade, but I'm happy and the faint handwritten/pressed inscription on the wooden base is interesting: "1883" or "1893", "Tampa", "Matthias"(?) and the rest is too faint to guess. Tried making a rubbing but it didn't show up any clearer. Have no reason to believe base is not original.

IMG_20200307_062254304.jpg

waikikigun

Just picked one of these up on epray for $45 shipped. Big thanks to @MarcL for the heads-up, wouldn't have seen it without him. Not as clean as yours and missing the lower blade, but I'm happy and the faint handwritten/pressed inscription on the wooden base is interesting: "1883" or "1893", "Tampa", "Matthias"(?) and the rest is too faint to guess. Tried making a rubbing but it didn't show up any clearer. Have no reason to believe base is not original.

View attachment 29800
That's awesome. I love the personal names and marking and stuff that arrive on old gear.

Status
Not open for further replies.