Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Day 1 after receiving the Whole Tobacco Leaves? correct any mistakes you see please

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZigZagZeppelin

-Visually inspect the amount of leaves I want to shred up, wipe anything off the leaves that doesn't look good with a slightly damp towel.

-Keep the leaves I'm working with outside the bag a few hours.

-Derib the leaves (all VF types), and then run them thru my shredder.

-Place shredded baccy in a large container and mist it with a homemade casting which is pg, water, lemon flavor, cream brulee flavor (vanilla custard with carmelized sugar on it)....

-place the lid on the container of shred for a few hours and then take it off for one hour. Replace lid and let it sit 24 hours.

Use it the next day injecting it in my Powermatic 1.......

am I close?

MarcL

I like it. You have the RYO part under your belt already which says a lot. now there's the whole leaf part.
It seems, and I say it like that because I have little experience with a real shredder, the little experience I gained was with one of those hand crank pasta makers. And that is the amount of moister in the leaf when your running it through the shredder.
What I do is roll it up and slice it with a tuck cutter.
You might find the shredder being able to tolerate to dry better then to wet.

You will want to be sure the case is high enough when handling. Like, de-stemming.
You will want to shred, dry, then add casting.

You know already, what problems come about in injection due to case levels I'll guess.
I hear you removing moister to make room for your casting, giving the casting time to set up.
Something I'll do is bring each bag at a time to the point were the whole thing is de-stemed and stacked in a pile. most of it goes back in the bag, some of it gets the shred.

ZigZagZeppelin

I've been using a simple Top 100 plastic injector, lol....Ordered the powermatic 1 tonight off Amazon......It was $48 and I had $28.72 in amazon points saved up from xmas shoppin....so I got that bad boy for 20 bucks......

Yeah, Marc....Moisture levels will take me some time to learn as Ive not yet had Whole Tobacco Leaf in my hand......I should get 4 lbs in this coming week sometime.

I also would like to make only 2 packs a day fresh, if thats even possible. And store deribbed leaves like you do but not get too far ahead of myself. Don't want to rehydrate good leaf more then I have to.

bonehead

i would shred up a little bit of tobacco for a few cigarettes and smoke it without caseing for a test. if i cased anything it would be after shredding. after shredding, case it then mix it up then leave it covered for a couple of hours then spread it out on a flat surface to dry to the rite moisture level. good luck.

ZigZagZeppelin

Thanks for the advice, Marc and Bonehead.

Yeah, the wife doesn't want any casing she says. I will definitely smoke some fresh shred as is to test, even for my own use.

Status
Not open for further replies.