Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Any Canadians on this forum?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bonneville

Am thinking about placing an order but looking at the shipping costs of $40.00 US+ for 4 lbs. just for the shipping is not for the faint of heart...any Canadians on the forum with any advice or notes on their own experience with shipping from the US to Canada I'd appreciate hearing about it.

Thanks.

Lakota

Founding Member
I have lived in Alberta and Saskatchewan, I have never had any problems that could not be fixed with a phone call to CBSA. The last few years I have had no problems at all, seems CBSA has got it figured out. If you live in Ont. there is a restriction.
ie: 3kg . If you put your location in your profile it would help with your questions or concerns. Russ

SmokesAhoy

Founding Member
Lotta leafs here, if you think it's bad there check what the kiwi's are dealing with. Order too much and it was like 6500 in tax. I dunno whenever shipping charges add up I always wonder what it'd cost me to drive down and pick up then hit submit.

bonneville

I'm hoping to hear from Canadians to find out what size orders they may be making in order to get the best mileage on their shipping costs and whether or not they are getting any grief from customs.

I happened to ask 'LeafOnly' website if they had many Canadian customers...his answer was that he was shipping 15-20 orders a day to Canada. He charges $48 US shipping for 2 lbs of tobacco...it was at that point that i figured i might be at the wrong site and found my way here hoping for better prices.

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
A rough idea as to the mileage you get with shipping to Canada is...

1st pound $20. Each additional pound $5.

The shipping calculator in the website will give you the exact amount before you place your order.

buck

Hey Bonneville glad you decided to follow through on RYO. I order 6 to 7 pds at a time, shipping is in the $45'ish range and then you get the $10 off if you order more than $79.99 which helps. I've ordered 4 or so times and only been dinged once at customs for $20, duty/tax and handling fee which is peanuts compared to tobacco prices in Canada. Like I told you, really good quality leaf here and lots of help from members if you need help casing your tobacco.

bonneville

Hey Bonneville glad you decided to follow through on RYO. I order 6 to 7 pds at a time, shipping is in the $45'ish range and then you get the $10 off if you order more than $79.99 which helps. I've ordered 4 or so times and only been dinged once at customs for $20, duty/tax and handling fee which is peanuts compared to tobacco prices in Canada. Like I told you, really good quality leaf here and lots of help from members if you need help casing your tobacco.

Thanks for that info fellas..looks like better shipping rates here. I'm still learning/reading here on varieties, casings etc etc...great site!

ChinaVoodoo

If I remember correctly, the shipping deal only works if you order via desktop. The mobile site didn't have the same configuration.keep that in mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.