Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Soil Microbial Inoculants

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michibacy

Northern tobacco grower
Has anyone ever heard of, used or experimented with using microbial/bacterial inoculants in their soil?

I read up on it quite substantially last spring, and decided to culture it and utilize it in the tobacco plot/garden this past season.

There's a few companies around the internet that are selling it, and many universities (specifically the Department of Agriculture and Natural Resources at Michigan State University) and Monsanto-Bayer (Agricultural Biologicals).

Traditionally, adding bacteria, fungi and other beneficial microorganisms has been practiced and taught in Japanese agriculture with great effect.

From my experience and research, it helps break down organic matter, making the nutrients more readily available for plants, I used it mixed with Fish Emulsion and noticed a huge

I've got a few samples if anyone would like to experiment with it this growing season. The application procedure is simple,
  • add 2 tablespoons (1 ounce/30mL) to room temperature non-chlorinated water.
  • Let sit in container in a warm environment (between 50*F and 100*F) slightly uncapped. When the bacteria begins to activate, it produces gasses, and can rupture a container if it's not strong enough. Let sit for a couple hours
  • apply 88 ounces (2.6 liters) per acre or 2 ounces (60mL) per thousand square foot, A hand sprayer, tow behind sprayer or hose-sprayer works just fine. (I suggest applying it to damp soil, side banding or chiseling it in the soil is best).

It's nearly impossible to over apply, as this soil bacteria is cyclic in nature, where some dies and is replaced with healthy living bacteria.

It's all quite interesting to me, and would love to be able to large-scale produce this for sale through my company, but for now all I ask is if you'd like a sample, is pay for the shipping and I'd be more than happy to get it to you (US shipping only).

*Sample size is 2 ounces

As a visual aid, I've installed my camera on my microscope and got a good photo of the inoculant at 800x magnification.

As a side note, I'm also offering soil reports for a small fee, included is:

• Soil type analysis (determines your soil texture and explains in detail)
  • Bacterial Analysis (an accurate estimate of the average amount of bacteria and microbial life in your soil, using the Bacterial Coefficient[SUP]©[/SUP] measurement)
  • Field test of available nutrients and pH (this is not a guaranteed analysis of NPK or pH, it is a field study we perform to better analyze the potential for bacteria and microbes to survive, for a guaranteed analysis of NPK and pH, visit your local extension office)
Please visit my website for to order/for more information.

http://www.davinciplantservices.com/soilanlz.html

2017-1-17-1.jpg

Thanks!

Michibacy

Northern tobacco grower
Change of pace here:

No charge on shipping, A good man *Cough* Deluxstogie *cough* encouraged me to offer this no strings attached. Thus, that is what I'm doing. (Thanks for the tips Bob!).

I'm sure folks are hesitant in using a product broadspectrum in their plots, so I'm asking this: Would anyone be willing to participate in a field study? No strings attached, I'll pay for shipping any products, as well as compile all the data, all I would need from you folks is to take a soil sample (with a supplied kit), mail it back to me, and do the same mid-season and post growing season.

This field study is in it's infancy, so if you have questions, comments or suggestions I'm open eared.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.